Check out bar celebration following MSU game: IN SEATTLE!

I had 20 people in my living room. we had to set up stadium seating so everyone could see. when Marvo caught that ball there was instantly an 18 person dogpile on my living room floor i was stuck on the bottom but couldnt feel a thing, what a great moment i wish we would have had it on film. simply amazing.

gotta love the dollar menu hook up! I'll take The McNutt with some Stanzi Sauce please!!!

Wow this post right here...it raises some questions about "loving the hawkeyes"...dogpiles, stuck on the bottom, wishing it was on film, Stanzi Sauce? This is sick sir...absolutely sick

Last edited:
I was in Erie PA, and everyone knew who the Hawks were (probably because a lot their guys were from there). They always brought up Bob Sanders.

i was in kansas city for the michigan game and went to a bar called 'the other place' was told it was a hawkeye hang out.i had no idea what to expect.we went in and you would have thought we were downtown iowa city.! the hair on the back of my neck stood up when they cranked the iowa fight song up after the game.hawkeye fans are truely international!!

The people who own that bar are from Cedar Falls - hence "The OP" being in Cedar Falls, also. In fact, the owners are related to one my best friends from when I graduated HS in Illinois. Small world.

Jon Miller used to live down there and raved about The OP. Fuzzy's is also another great place to catch a Hawkeye game.

The people who own that bar are from Cedar Falls - hence "The OP" being in Cedar Falls, also. In fact, the owners are related to one my best friends from when I graduated HS in Illinois. Small world.

Jon Miller used to live down there and raved about The OP. Fuzzy's is also another great place to catch a Hawkeye game.

How is this only your 2nd post?!?!?
________
Zoloft Settlement Information

Last edited:
The Other Place & Fuzzy's were great places...Fuzzy's was early on in my stay in KC...had I not found the KC Iowa Club, I was close to moving back to Peoria, and would never have met my wife nor had my kids...that's when KC felt like home, after finding the Iowa Club.

Then a few friends and I went to the OP when it opened, and pretty much decided that was where we were going to start going to Iowa games, and we started to spread the word, via emails and HawkeyeNation.com....and the rest is KC Hawkeye history

I was there, and it was about as crazy as it looks. You can't really tell, but from the raffle at halftime I think there were btw 120-150 Hawkeyes in attendance (capacity of Buckley's is supposed to be 99). We also have some Hawkeyes attending that play instruments, in particular a drummer and trombone player, and when we score they play the fight song and when the game's over it's "In Heaven There is No Beer." But some of us have 1 rule - no singing for fieldgoals, just clapping - unless the FG is game winning or tying in the last minutes. Anyhow, it's a good time, and if you're curious here's a link to the Western Washington Iowa Club. http://www.iowalum.com/westernwashington/
The Sat. night games are usually the biggest crowds, and it's a fairly cool experience.

It was a very similar scene here in San Diego at the PB Ale House. About the only notable difference is they played "In Heaven There Is No Beer" on the speaker system after the win instead of the fight song.

Great video! The longer that went on, the more chills I got. Makes me proud to know that we have some fans representing in Seattle!

<This kind of reminds me of an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" when they went to a Minnesota bar in NYC. It was like an oasis for homesick Minnesotans. I remember thinking how cool that would be if it actually happened in real life...guess it does!>

-Greg

undutchable - My brother lives in Portland and is a huge Hawk fan. I give you guys credit! We think 11 a.m. starts are rough, you "west coasters" do it at 9!

I'm getting used to the 9AM starts. I'm so amped up usually that I have trouble sleeping the night before. So I cook a good breakfast. Maybe put a little vodka in my OJ... Watch the hawks win and after may or may not nap during the Pac 10 nonsense.

Its been a dream of mine to see a live game in IC. Never been to kinnick. I've been seriously thinking of the Minni game.

I was there, and it was about as crazy as it looks. You can't really tell, but from the raffle at halftime I think there were btw 120-150 Hawkeyes in attendance (capacity of Buckley's is supposed to be 99). We also have some Hawkeyes attending that play instruments, in particular a drummer and trombone player, and when we score they play the fight song and when the game's over it's "In Heaven There is No Beer." But some of us have 1 rule - no singing for fieldgoals, just clapping - unless the FG is game winning or tying in the last minutes. Anyhow, it's a good time, and if you're curious here's a link to the Western Washington Iowa Club. http://www.iowalum.com/westernwashington/
The Sat. night games are usually the biggest crowds, and it's a fairly cool experience.

I wish I would have known. I was actually in Seattle last week. I was watching at my brother's house while my sister in law brought home baby cloths and was actually asking us which ones we preferred DURING THE LAST DRIVE. uncool.

Wow...that was wonderful.

I was at Front Row...and while everyone around me exploded in celebration, I think I sat there in shocked silence for about 5 minutes.

Kudos on that Video!

One thing that people from the national media forget is that Iowa grads are all over the place, because THERE AREN'T ENOUGH JOBS in Iowa to keep them here! They leave to make the big bucks!

Jon, I'll try to get the tape from the OP.

We were at Sean's wedding reception and watched the game live there with a bunch of other Hawkeye fans, and that was great, to be sure. But some mutual friends of ours told me this was a better celebration than LSU, if you can believe that. They said beer was being shot out of bottles like champagne for ten minutes all over the bar after the game was over.

Sports Column in Denver was ridiculous...I was upstairs and hugged a complete stranger, and I heard the dj downstairs say "please stay off the furniture" then I ran downstairs to celebrate with the bigger crowd and it was sheer pandomium. Unreal.

I love these "where were you" stories...they always put a smile on my face. I haven't seen that much of an explosion of joy since we almost blew the roof off of Trophy's when Tate to Holloway ended the Cap-One Bowl in '05! Great stuff HawkeyeNation, NW Division!

I have watched many games at the OP in KC. I was there for the PSU game this year. Would love to have video of the inside of OP for that game.

Latest posts