Charles Rogers Commits to ISU

FWIW, I watched him play tonight in CR and he was like a man amongst boys, of course they were playing CR Jefferson, so it was sorta was men amongst boys, but he did about everything running, throwing, playing safety.. He's a really good athlete.. Though Jefferson did score their second and third TDs of the season against West..

Nice that he is able to stay in state ... With him being in our own back yard and not offering him I am not worried about him going to Ames.

Doesn't produce the quantity of recruits like Texas or Florida, but they can hang with the best of them.

And please remind me dear sir what BCS bowl game the clowns have played in recently?....or any bowl game for that matter..

And please remind me dear sir what BCS bowl game the clowns have played in recently?....or any bowl game for that matter..

I said the state of Iowa has produced good BCS talent. You think an Iowa fan with any intelligence would agree with that, as your team was built on in-state players. That might be asking to much from you, though.

Typical ISU prospect under Rhoads? So far, he has pulled Lenz, Knott, Vanderkamp, and Jevohn Miller. All are typical ISU prospects with not much interest from major schools. The first three are probably the best player on their respective side of the ball.

Keep getting in-state kids like Barkley Hill, Rogers, and Kane Seeley. As of now, ISU has 2 of the top 3 kids in the state. In-state recruiting is back alive at ISU.

LOL, none of those kids even had Iowa interest except Hill. LOL at getting 2 out of 3, when Iowa only offered one of them. And we are in on at least 3 much more highly rated backs than Hill, who's not even the best RB in his conference.

As for the others, Vander Kamp is good but we already had punters. Miller is has done absolutely nothing yet. Lenz has yet to impress me. We have much more talent at receiver (not that we know how to utilize them properly, but that's another thread). Knott looks like a good player.

So you've gotten one player that might have helped Iowa. Congrats on that, little brother.

He never had a chance to come here. We are after much better candidates for our DB spots.

Pretty much a 2* player. Typical ISU prospect. Not very much interest from the major schools.

Will be interesting to see what happens to him.
Come on, now. A lot of folks around here seem to get pretty enthusiastic about the many 2* guys with unexciting offer sheets that Iowa does sign.

No, the NFL does not determine how good you were in college. There are some college studs that have not amounted to squat. At the end of the day, how good you were in college, determines how good you were in college.

And to your question, don't know the answer. I don't care if the kid is an NFL prospect or not... I'm just looking for a stud on the college leve.

Maybe you don't understand. I didn't say you can't be a good player in college, without making to the NFL. However, the best college players make it to the NFL. Name me a stud college player that was not drafted? I never said anything about performance in the NFL, I said make it to the NFL.

If you could pick between two players that play the same position in college both have the same stats, but one will get draft and one won't which one is better?

Name me a great college football team/program that doesn't have a lot of NFL draft picks?

The best players on bad teams aren't necessarily studs, they just don't have studs to beat them out on the team. Starting at Miami is a little harder than starting at ISU.

Last edited:
He camped at MSU, why didn't they offer him? The coaches must think they have better options.

Cmon...the clone did nothing wrong...theres is no need to act like that. Show some class.
Did you forget who won that game this year?
That crap makes all us hawk fans look bad.

Sleeper = walkon
I dont care. He and Castillo were STARTERS for Iowa the first 2 weeks and you pass on a kid like Rogers right under your nose?? Rogers has more talent and ability than those 2 combined.

I think the word is potential. Look it is pretty easy to see what Iowa is doing with instate kids that they don't have high on their board. The same thing Ohio State and other big schools do with some instate talent, they usually offer late if at all and hope a few will decide to turn down other offers and walk on. It also is a lot easier to get kids you offer late that are in your own back yard. I wish Rodgers well and think he will do just fine at ISU, congrats to them and to Rodgers.

Charlie Rogers would run circles around Greg Castillo or Colin Sleeper on the football field

Another dumb post, and completely irrelevant.

Comparing players in different recruiting classes is pointless. The apt comparison is Rogers against whatever DB prospects Iowa has a shot at in this class, and he quite frankly does not measure up.

Nice try, though.

Dumbest post in the history of the Internet.

By this rationale, we should go after every marginal Iowa high school player that no other school in the country wants.

Just tremendous football acumen that you have there.

You must not pay attention to Iowa's recruiting very well because outside of the guys that have many BCS offers, there are always a decent amount of kids that don't have many or any BCS offers. A few from this year's class...

Michael Malloy - Yahoo! Sports 1 total BCS offer

Mitch Keppy - Yahoo! Sports 1 total BCS offer

Laron Taylor - Yahoo! Sports 3 total BCS offers

Drew Ott - Yahoo! Sports 2 total BCS offers

Get over yourself.

Latest posts