Charles Rogers Commits to ISU

Oh did i, well I guess i forgot that part...oh well still not going to call you that just letting you know u can leave anytime since this is a hawkeye board.

You must think that if you keep typing that I should go away, my account will be deleted. Well, it doesn't actually work like that. By the way, shouldn't you be tailgating for the Iowa game?

Have watched all of Charlies games this year and he has shown significant improvement from last year. Very good athlete with a tremendous upside. Surprised the Hawks showed no interest but wish Charlie the best of luck with the clones.

Typical ISU prospect under Rhoads? So far, he has pulled Lenz, Knott, Vanderkamp, and Jevohn Miller. All are typical ISU prospects with not much interest from major schools. The first three are probably the best player on their respective side of the ball.

Keep getting in-state kids like Barkley Hill, Rogers, and Kane Seeley. As of now, ISU has 2 of the top 3 kids in the state. In-state recruiting is back alive at ISU.

I wouldnt consider that a great accomplishment considering Iowa has only offered 2 in- state kids I believe (Darboh and Malloy). Iowa has not offered one of the kids that has verballed to ISU either and ISU is pretty much their lone BCS offer.

LOL, none of those kids even had Iowa interest except Hill. LOL at getting 2 out of 3, when Iowa only offered one of them. And we are in on at least 3 much more highly rated backs than Hill, who's not even the best RB in his conference.

As for the others, Vander Kamp is good but we already had punters. Miller is has done absolutely nothing yet. Lenz has yet to impress me. We have much more talent at receiver (not that we know how to utilize them properly, but that's another thread). Knott looks like a good player.

So you've gotten one player that might have helped Iowa. Congrats on that, little brother.

if lenz was doing what he has been doing this year at ISU on an Iowa team, this board would be full of "I had the best nocturnal omission ever about josh lenz last night" type threads. you're a god damn moron and know absolutely nothing about college football if he "hasnt impressed you" yet.

lenz - receptions:12 yards:134 average:11.2 TD's:2 average kick return: 24 yards (also thrown a TD pass)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G43Z49mzU]Iowa State Big Plays vs. UCONN (Courtesy ESPN2) - YouTube[/ame]

yep, so UNimpressive... :confused:

if lenz was doing what he has been doing this year at ISU on an Iowa team, this board would be full of "I had the best nocturnal omission ever about josh lenz last night" type threads. you're a god damn moron and know absolutely nothing about college football if he "hasnt impressed you" yet.

lenz - receptions:12 yards:134 average:11.2 TD's:2 average kick return: 24 yards (also thrown a TD pass)

Marvin McNutt- 18 catches, 313 yards, 17.4 YPC, 2 TD

Keenan Davis- 17 catches, 254 yards, 14.9 YPC, 2 TD

Kevonte Martin-Manley- 8 catches, 99 yards, 12.4 YPC, 3 TD

Lenz's numbers are comparable to our #3 receiver and I would bet pretty much anything that KMM will have better numbers at the end of the year than Lenz. He would probably be the #4 receiver here.

Lenz's numbers are comparable to our #3 receiver and I would bet pretty much anything that KMM will have better numbers at the end of the year than Lenz. He would probably be the #4 receiver here.

and none of those players would be the best receiver on ISU's team

darius reynolds 13 catches, 240 yards, 18.5 YPC, 4 TD

either way Lenz has been impressive. maybe not overwhelming stats, but dude has been clutch and has made plays all year thus far.

Blue chip talent, just hasn't paid off the recruiting websites yet. A real five tool player. Has "next level" written all over him. Master of the mental game. This guy beats you before the ball is even snapped. He plays quarterback too, could be the next Brett Favre, Tim Tebow, or even Steele Jantz without the interceptions.

and none of those players would be the best receiver on ISU's team

darius reynolds 13 catches, 240 yards, 18.5 YPC, 4 TD

either way Lenz has been impressive. maybe not overwhelming stats, but dude has been clutch and has made plays all year thus far.

Haha...if you say so.

Maybe you don't understand. I didn't say you can't be a good player in college, without making to the NFL. However, the best college players make it to the NFL. Name me a stud college player that was not drafted? I never said anything about performance in the NFL, I said make it to the NFL.

If you could pick between two players that play the same position in college both have the same stats, but one will get draft and one won't which one is better?

Name me a great college football team/program that doesn't have a lot of NFL draft picks?

The best players on bad teams aren't necessarily studs, they just don't have studs to beat them out on the team. Starting at Miami is a little harder than starting at ISU.

Boise State for one. I would argue schools like Wisconsin and Texas Tech as others recently.

Now I see where you are coming from... but there are some good college schools that do not have a ton of kids in the NFL. It is not a prerequisite to having good college teams. Although it does help a lot.

Stats don't mean everything. If Davis catches that 3rd down pass against ISU, they probably win the game or at least goes another OT. Lenz' catches against UNI and UConn are catches no other receiver on Iowa's team makes, except maybe McNutt. I'd take a receiver with bad stats that makes the play in the clutch rather than one with good stats that fails to come up big.

Haha...if you say so.

so your use of stats to show that lenz is = to Iowa's 3rd most productive receiver is valid, yet when I use the same stats to show you that none of Iowa's receivers are as productive as Darius Reynolds, it's somehow invalid?

interesting logic there.

I think "no ISU player will ever be as good as an Iowa player because they cant be. Iowa is awesome. dark horse pick for national title" about sums it up.

Stats don't mean everything. If Davis catches that 3rd down pass against ISU, they probably win the game or at least goes another OT. Lenz' catches against UNI and UConn are catches no other receiver on Iowa's team makes, except maybe McNutt. I'd take a receiver with bad stats that makes the play in the clutch rather than one with good stats that fails to come up big.

I agree stats dont mean everything but first thing Vigorous did was throw out Lenz stats when defending him. So I just pointed out that Iowa's top 2 receivers have much better stats than him and Iowa's #3 receiver has comparable stats.

Are you forgetting about all the clutch catches Davis made against Pitt last week to get us back in the game? McNutt, Davis and KMM made huge catches in the 2nd half to lead us to victory.

so your use of stats to show that lenz is = to Iowa's 3rd most productive receiver is valid, yet when I use the same stats to show you that none of Iowa's receivers are as productive as Darius Reynolds, it's somehow invalid?

interesting logic there.

I think "no ISU player will ever be as good as an Iowa player because they cant be. Iowa is awesome. dark horse pick for national title" about sums it up.

You arent going to convince me that Reynolds is better than McNutt. Not gonna happen. And I will not convince you that McNutt is better than Reynolds. Going to have to agree to disagree on this one. Both great players and we are both probably happy that we have the one we want on our team.

I never said that ISU doesnt have any players that are better than Iowa's, FYI.

"Maybe you don't understand. I didn't say you can't be a good player in college, without making to the NFL. However, the best college players make it to the NFL. Name me a stud college player that was not drafted? I never said anything about performance in the NFL, I said make it to the NFL."

DJK? Not sure if you have heard of him or not.

Not suprised by this commit. Iowa is looking outside the state for better talent with the recent bcs bowl success. The Iowa kids ISU is getting would be close to signing day options for Iowa if their higher rated recruits committed elsewhere. Iowa is just at a higher level when it comes to recruiting and ISU is talking advantage by picking up these Iowa kids who don't want to be strung along through the season waiting to get a Hawk offer.

Iowa State Big Plays vs. UCONN (Courtesy ESPN2) - YouTube

This is effing hilarious.

You have obviously not watched Iowa play football this year, but let me clue you in:

We have 3 SENSATIONAL wrs. Most talented WR corps probably in Iowa history. Lenz would not even make 3rd string waterboy on our team this year.

Now back to whatever dumb point you were trying to make.

I'm still laughing at vigorousknit claiming Reynolds to be better than McNutt and Davis. Wow. There's really nothing more that needs to be said.

Typical ISU prospect under Rhoads? So far, he has pulled Lenz, Knott, Vanderkamp, and Jevohn Miller. All are typical ISU prospects with not much interest from major schools. The first three are probably the best player on their respective side of the ball.

Keep getting in-state kids like Barkley Hill, Rogers, and Kane Seeley. As of now, ISU has 2 of the top 3 kids in the state. In-state recruiting is back alive at ISU.

contagious-yawns03.jpg

2 of the top 3, huh? and now you're "back"?
Yawn

Last edited:

Latest posts