Changes I would make to college BB....

Get rid of the use it or lose it timeout rule. It is stupid to lose a timeout because the coach doesn't need to take one in the first 1/2. If they want to carry it over, let them.

They do carry over. But seriously do you need 4 or 5 timeouts in one half? If so, you need better talent more than timeouts.

Eliminate 2 FT after 10 fouls or raise the limit to 12 or 13 fouls. More 1 and 1's would be better, especially late in a close game.

Eliminate alternating possession. I'm torn on this, but I'm tired of refs using the jump ball as a bailout. They are too quick with the whistle and not letting players/teams establish possession before making the call.

I like the area the NBA has underneath the basket to eliminate bogus charge calls.

Make EVERY clock situation reviewable by REPLAY....or better yet, if you're going to use replay, use it for just about everything.

I agree with an official charge "arc" in the lane. But, what really bugs me is the new half-court violation rule. It just seems to me that if you step over the line and back that you have left the "half of the court" you were in and have thus violated the "half court" rule. C'mon, ya got over 45 feet already, why give an additional couple of feet. I understand the ball doesn't cross the line, but you can't step out of bounds with the ball and come back, except in the Big East.

Trapezoidal lane, helps to equalize the game by reducing the height advantage some teams have plus it gets our players prepared for international play. This is a 180* shift for me as I used to say we invented the game, let the rest of the world play it our way.

Increase the pay of the officials, make it a full-time job, and make them more accountable for their performance.

Move 3 point back. Add the charge arc.

Most importanty, change the eligibility like it is in college football. I don't like how national powerhouses just "rent" the top players for a year and cycle them over. This way more talent could be spread across schools and make it even more competitive.

They do carry over. But seriously do you need 4 or 5 timeouts in one half? If so, you need better talent more than timeouts.

In non-televised games each team gets 4-75 second and 2-30 second timeouts per game. In televised games each team gets 1-60 second and 4-30 second timeouts, with an unused 60 second and a maximum of 3 unused 30 second timeouts carrying over to the second half.

You can only carry four over in a televised game. We have few if any games that aren't televised.

Increase the pay of the officials, make it a full-time job, and make them more accountable for their performance.
Probably the best, most universally acceptable point made in this entire thread. There is no reason for a sport making so much money to have refs part time.
Move 3 point back. Add the charge arc.

Most importanty, change the eligibility like it is in college football. I don't like how national powerhouses just "rent" the top players for a year and cycle them over. This way more talent could be spread across schools and make it even more competitive.

I would also be in favor of this, except I would make it like baseball. If you are LeBron James or Kobe, you can go straight to the NBA. However, if you go to college you have to stay 3 years.