chances of winning next 5 games is 13%

guffus

I calculate the chances of Iowa winning its next 5 games in a row as 13%. Thats about a 1 in 8 chance.

Even though Iowa will be favored in all 5 games, the odds of winning all 5 games are actually pretty high compared to your average season. Normally it would be in the 0 to 3% range, so 13% is actually pretty high.

Still, Iowa fans need to keep everything in perspective. The odds are heavily against Iowa going undefeated.

I calculate the chances of Iowa winning its next 5 games in a row as 13%. Thats about a 1 in 8 chance.

Even though Iowa will be favored in all 5 games, the odds of winning all 5 games are actually pretty high compared to your average season. Normally it would be in the 0 to 3% range, so 13% is actually pretty high.

Still, Iowa fans need to keep everything in perspective. The odds are heavily against Iowa going undefeated.

Meet the newest wet blanket. Sheesh - enjoy the ride will ya.

Way too many games left to know whether or not Iowa will be favored in all 5 games.

If Nebraska wins out until they play Iowa, Iowa WILL NOT be favored in Lincoln.

If Iowa wins out and Nebraska loses another game or two, then Iowa would most likely be favored in Lincoln.

I'm enjoying this, but we do have to keep in perspective the low chance of it happening. I don't think Iowa ever with a 10+ game regular season schedule, ever went undefeated, but, there is always that chance for the first time, and, the schedule lines up nicely.

For some reason, Indiana's offense still worries me a bit. But, this year Iowa has a running game that can hopefully win field position and use the clock and help keep their offense off the field quite a bit.

Hmmm... What were the odds of going 7-0?

@Indiana is a scary one because of the offense.

For some reason Minnesota scares the crap out of me simply because I was at the game last year and left at halftime because it was so out hard to watch. Plus this year its a 7pm game in the middle of November so its going to be really cold. That should favor the team with the better defense and running game...which is Iowa.

I just don't want the B1G title game to come down to @Nebraska. Wisconsin probably won't lose another game this year so Iowa can probably only lose 1 game to make it to Indy. If they're going into Lincoln with 1 loss already and it comes down to that game...its going to be real scary.

Iowa will win the remaining games if it doesn't lose another o lineman or cjb. They are running teams over at this point, like they did in 02.

Watch the online push and the closing speed of our linebackers. It's sickening thinking of the hits they are putting on people.

So if you started over and did this what were Iowa's odds to start season 7-0? 0% :) :). Because 13% doesn't seem right.

The probability of independent events is calculated by multiplying the probabilities of the individual events.

P(A&B) = P(A) * P(B)

Using the probabilities of each game as provided by okieviaiowa our likelihood of going 5-0 is approximately 26%.

Latest posts