Championship Game

vegashawki

I feel like if we are able win one of the next two games and make it to the championship game we will likely get to Indy and get destroyed. Now with that being said… my brothers and I already bought tickets to go. Realistically regardless of coaching changes and how it all shakes out with the coaching staff, I’m not sure when Iowa will ever make it to a championship game or be in the running after all the realignment taking place. I think we will have good seasons in the future it’s not going to be all doom and gloom, but not sure we’ll be in a game with championship or playoff implications for a very long time.
If the guys pull this off, I look forward to enjoying Indy with my fellow Hawk fans! Go Hawks!

I feel like if we are able win one of the next two games and make it to the championship game we will likely get to Indy and get destroyed. Now with that being said… my brothers and I already bought tickets to go. Realistically regardless of coaching changes and how it all shakes out with the coaching staff, I’m not sure when Iowa will ever make it to a championship game or be in the running after all the realignment taking place. I think we will have good seasons in the future it’s not going to be all doom and gloom, but not sure we’ll be in a game with championship or playoff implications for a very long time.
If the guys pull this off, I look forward to enjoying Indy with my fellow Hawk fans! Go Hawks!
There are no playoff implications for us this year so you can quit agonizing over that one.

Iowa is one gambler's call away from 9-1, which would have the team around 10. Bummer. We're 8-2 and 16 is about where an 8-2 Big Ten team would be this time of year. What will the malevolent anti-fans do if Iowa is sitting at 9-2? They'll predict Iowa will lose, badly, and pray for that result, so they can be right.

Iowa ranked like 11th or 12th following an Illinois win is going to blow their minds like discovering Mexican food for the first time. It could change their entire lives.

Last edited:
Just my two cents but everyone is counting us out if we make the Big Ten Championship and picking the favorite from the east regardless of whether its OSU or Michigan. So what's the down side of winning out and representing the west. Someone has to get their ass handed to them. Much rather pickup an extra win and win the next two and finish the regular season 10-2 and maybe win a bowl game. IMO regardless of what happens in the Big Ten Championship 10-3 or 10-4 looks better then 9-3(or 9-4 or 9-5) when its all said and done.

We'll play Michigan, lose, and be named BIG champs in a few years when they have to forfeit. We'll get a 2-for-1 when they have to forfeit the 2021 game as well.
Interesting thought but unfortunately it does not work that way. The Big Ten and NCAA only can take away championships. They can not give those championships or even the wins to anybody else retroactively.

I found online West Champs will be home team in 2023… hope I bought tickets on good guys side (home side). I hate Michigan fans… bunch of d-bags

I think we face the Buckeyes. It could get ugly. But, Iowa has developed weapons after the TE wipeout. Ostrenga is good, getting better. Kaleb Brown has grown as a weapon. Even Hill has improved and his raggy trendline is up.

It could still get ugly, but Iowa will be able to show off some good football, significantly on defensive. Gain some new fans, raise awareness among recruits. That's why it is always better to play in a Conference Championship game than not.

Latest posts