Challenge

Would anyone like the wing players for VCU? Not the big guy who transferred in from a big-time program but maybe Burgess or Rozzell? The PG Rodriguez? Seriously, there will be some talented players available out there even though we may miss out on some targets...heck, Richmond had some nice talent that would have looked good at IA. I would like Iowa to consider more international players. Especially bigs who can shoot.

Yeah, I actually went on record stating that I hoped Iowa lost this recruiting battle and then went on record saying I thought they would win. Serves me right for trying to play both hands.

We will be lucky to get Olaseni and he is very marginal IMO. I think we are going to whiff on all by week's end. I hope to get posterized for being wrong, but with 2 down already, it is not looking good. I don't see a kid who doesn't have at least 1-2 better offers. We offer a 3 year plan (maybe) to get the NCAA tourney and other programs are on auto pilot.

I think the deck will be reshuffled and it might be May or June before we fill the 3 spots. The staff just hasn't had enough time to gain traction with kids that have been recruited for 1-2 years.

I still think Iowa gets 2 out of three of the original targets. Just two we didn't quite expect. BTW - Stokes is included in the group. He has been on the radar about as long as anybody.

From the original six you listed: NO. In fact, I seriously doubt we will fill all three spots. I think Coach McCaffery is just now learning how tough his job will be. We have fallen so far, that a lot of recruits will look at our record and decline the offer to try and turn the program around. This is even happening with kids who have professed to be life-long Hawkeye fans. I do feel somewhat optimistic about signing Hubbard as I feel he is running out of options, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if he picks Nebraska over us, which is an option no decent player would have chosen in the past.

My three:

Hubbard, Olaseni and Glover.

I think that Carter is moving on if the rumors are true that he is taking his 5th and final official to Rutgers this weekend. Rutgers? Are you f'ing serious? They have signed not one but TWO PGs to this years class already. Sometimes I just sit back and wonder what some of these kids are thinking.

I think Hubbard and Glover look about 50/50. I don't feel good about Olaseni or Katenda but really....after Washpun...who the hell knows?

Bump - Really surprised that it doesn't seem all that close to tipping either way right now. Pretty much expected this contest to be over by now.

No. Two players on the list won't be Hawks. I'll be surprised if even one is.

That being said, I have faith that Fran will bring in kids that will help get the program back to where it needs to be.

I really have no idea at this time, Carr. I was almost certain we would land Cezar. He had a great visit. I was looking for him behind the bench during the game and he was enthusiastic. The crowd was very aware of him and showed it. No Cigar.

I am fairly certain that Fran has a card or two up his sleeve. Hopefully an Ace or two. He can't really reveal who he is after because the bloodthirsty sharks will smell the water. Sometimes it seems that as soon as we are interested in a recruit, other schools jump on board.

Should be some news soon, by next weekend perhaps. We shall see. One would think Hubbard is a lock, but again recruits are a fickle bunch these days. He is older and maybe is past the ego games so many are afflicted with. Later on.

Bump - Anyone feeling pressure? If the news of a new recruit is truly a covert operation, we could have a bunch of us taking a break here real soon. So, for my sake, I am hoping it is one of the usual suspects.

However, I would thankfully take that break for some more Fran recruiting magic ala Cartwright or Mel.

Don't bank too much on young Mr.Olesani.

Texas is losing three players to the NBA, so I'm guessing they'll have scholarships to give. Maybe a project like Olesani will be intriguing to Coach Barnes.

Gabe may finally get his wish and not have to consider Iowa anymore.

Don't bank too much on young Mr.Olesani.

Texas is losing three players to the NBA, so I'm guessing they'll have scholarships to give. Maybe a project like Olesani will be intriguing to Coach Barnes.

Gabe may finally get his wish and not have to consider Iowa anymore.

I don't see Texas offering, maybe Katenda gets an offer though.

Latest posts