Chair slamming or.....shoving???

Can you imagine the ESPiN sh!tstorm if Bob Knight shoved a player? They'd be milking every drop they could get.

I think Allen will be the least missed grad by ISU fans (and maybe coach) next year.

Let me just say that, I for one, am completely shocked that final four hero Chris Allen has not been the player Clone fans thought they were getting.

If only there had been someone who had actually seen him play trying to warn them.

Let me just say that, I for one, am completely shocked that final four hero Chris Allen has not been the player Clone fans thought they were getting.

If only there had been someone who had actually seen him play trying to warn them.

They seem do be doing alright without him being a star

Just happened to turn over to the ISU and KU game. First play I see is Allen shake this dude out of his shorts...then hesitates...then gets ripped and turns into a layup for KU. Goes to the sideline and Hoiberg rips him a new one and Hoiberg straight up shoved him. Shocked to see that out of Freddy. Will be interested to see what this gets turned into by the media and if Hoiberg is punished.

If you would have watched the whole game before the shove, you would understand why it happened. Allen was playing HORRIBLE basketball. And it wasn't a shove it was a little push. Justified just like the chair slam.

The point the Op is trying to make is that Fran's chair slamming got quite a bit of attention. All he did was slam a chair and get in the face of his players. Hoiberg technically committed assault. He shoved a player.. Will this get the same sort of attention.

If you really think that is assault, you are a poor, bitter Hawk fan. What a stupid post. It was a little push on the arm. You act like Fred shoved him on the floor and spit on him. Allen barely moved. If Basabe was playing crappy and almost blew the game against #5, I'm sure you would be ok if Fran did that to light a fire under his ***.

Last edited:
If you really think that is assault, you are a poor, bitter Hawk fan. What a stupid post. I little push on the arm. You act like Fred shoved him on the floor and spit on him. Allen barely moved. If Basabe was playing crappy and almost blew the game against #5, I'm sure you would be ok if Fran did that to light a fire under his ***.

He said technically. And technically, he's correct. The fact that it isn't ACTUALLY a big deal doesn't mean it wasn't TECHNICALLY assault.

You never lay your hands on an athlete. I don't care who you are as a coach.

You do know that on the bounce back from the chair, it hit one of your players on the leg. Is that assault too? I think they are big boys and can handle it.

He said technically. And technically, he's correct. The fact that it isn't ACTUALLY a big deal doesn't mean it wasn't TECHNICALLY assault.

Agree to disagree. But someone needs to revoke your man card if you think a little push on the arm is assault.

Agree to disagree. But someone needs to revoke your man card if you think a little push on the arm is assault.

I never suggested otherwise. It's like driving 5 miles over the speed limit. Technically, you're speeding. But you'll damn near never get pulled over for it, unless the cop is just a complete d*ck/b*tch (just like anyone who would actually press charges for assault over something like this).

images

Isnt a chair considered a weapon. Atleast Freds tactic worked, But maybe Frans did too, he cut their loss down to 30

Isnt a chair considered a weapon. Atleast Freds tactic worked, But maybe Frans did too, he cut their loss down to 30

Yes,so is a clipboard if you hit someone with it. Did that occur ?? Freddy shoved his player. If someone lays a hand on you that is technically assault and you can sue.That player has a case if he wanted to pursue.

I have no problem with what Freddy did as I had no problem with what Fran did. But it sure fed the anti Iowa crowd which you Clowns are apart of. I just want to see Freddy on sportcenter shown 'abusing' his players. fair is fair.

Latest posts