Chad Greenway

Interesting, I've got the feeling from Viking fans that they would disagree with this as Greenway has made very few impact plays in 2011 (especially compared to prior years which most fans do give him credit for).

Has Marshal Yanda made a pro bowl before? From what I have seen and read of him, he's one of the 2 or 3 best in the entire league.

Interesting, I've got the feeling from Viking fans that they would disagree with this as Greenway has made very few impact plays in 2011 (especially compared to prior years which most fans do give him credit for).

Has Marshal Yanda made a pro bowl before? From what I have seen and read of him, he's one of the 2 or 3 best in the entire league.

Really? I haven't gotten that feeling at all.

Really? I haven't gotten that feeling at all.

I think people are seeing the tackles, but for whatever reason aren't equating that with success. Some resentment over the team's overall record may be contributing, lack of forced fumbles or interceptions, performance vs. new contract, maybe a bit more pile jumping than dominance in his tackle numbers. Not defending the perception as absolute reality, just try to follow the former hawks and been my impression from the reaction to Greenway.

If you follow the Viking forums at all, Chad has been considered a disappointment by most posters and Minnesota local media. He gets a lot of tackles after giving up a completion. He rarely makes big plays and hasn't been much of a leader. He's been very mediocre this season.

Per Pelisero:
That his top pupil, strongside linebacker Chad Greenway, has regressed this season is another reason to wonder what chances Singletary would have for success in a more prominent role.

Pelissero: Dysfunction on defense has Vikings ripe for major changes | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers)

And isn't good at shaking Iowa fans' hands.

I live in Minnesota and you couldn't be more wrong.

Why are people picking on Chad Greenway now? He was nothing but one of the best hawkeye defenders of all time. I suppose you guys have something bad to say about Pat Angerer now.. geez people

As a Vikings fan, I can say Minnesota fans are idiots. He deserves the pro-bowl. That secondary is the worst in the league. Not to mention the tackles up front haven't done a good job. Essentially it is Greenway and Jared Allen vs the offense out there. Pretty similar on offense. Percy Harvin and Adrian Peterson vs the defense.

Why are people picking on Chad Greenway now? He was nothing but one of the best hawkeye defenders of all time. I suppose you guys have something bad to say about Pat Angerer now.. geez people

Who's picking on Chad Greenway? And how has anything in this post been negative toward him in his Iowa career? My comment was from following former Iowa players, and what I observe. I'm not a particular fan of any NFL team, my only dogs in the hunt are hawkeyes. If you were to look at the local fan comments to say Adrian Clayborn, Pat Angerer or Marshal Yanda they are generally very positive where as my observation of Vikings fans toward Greenway hasn't been as good this year. Not all bad, but more mixed than in past years. I'm not saying they are right in their assessment of him (and I tried to point out some factors that I think might be contributing).

Here's another perspective.

Chad Greenway curses his luck on big plays - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN

Who's picking on Chad Greenway? And how has anything in this post been negative toward him in his Iowa career? My comment was from following former Iowa players, and what I observe. I'm not a particular fan of any NFL team, my only dogs in the hunt are hawkeyes. If you were to look at the local fan comments to say Adrian Clayborn, Pat Angerer or Marshal Yanda they are generally very positive where as my observation of Vikings fans toward Greenway hasn't been as good this year. Not all bad, but more mixed than in past years. I'm not saying they are right in their assessment of him (and I tried to point out some factors that I think might be contributing).Here's another perspective.Chad Greenway curses his luck on big plays - NFL News | FOX Sports on MSN
Hey winterhawk find something good to post about Greenway. Or do you only link the bad stuff? i guess you are a glass half empty kinda guy.

Hey winterhawk find something good to post about Greenway. Or do you only link the bad stuff? i guess you are a glass half empty kinda guy.

What have I said about Chad Greenway that reflects something I feel negative toward him?

Not to mention that the article that I posted wasn't specifically negative, it included quotes from Greenway himself and positive reinforcement from his coach. Are you unable to engage in a conversation that allows for two sides of the conversation?

Last edited:
I must have missed the memo where you aren't allowed to evaluate players fairly and if someone makes a false comment like "Greenway deserves to go to the PB," we aren't supposed to question it. Greenway hasn't been an impact player this season and if you argue to the contrary, it's obvious you haven't watched many Vikings' games. I don't care how bad the secondary is; Chad has been picked apart all season by opposing QB's. Look at last week's game against the Saints. Sproles TD was Greenway's responsibility. The Lance Moore 47 yard TD was also Chad's assignment. This has been happening all season.

NFL Game Center: New Orleans Saints at Minnesota Vikings - 2011 Week 15

Last edited:
And let's throw out the tackles stat to justify a pro-bowl appearance. We'll I guess the Colts must have a great defense since they have 3 players in the top 15 for tackles. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh (the #1 ranked defense in the NFL) doesn't even have a single player in the top 20 for tackles, Houston (#2) only has 1 player in the top 20 at #14, and Baltimore (#3) has 0 in the top 20. I guess they don't have any good players on defense.

Has it ever dawned on any of you that Angerer and Greenway might have that many tackles because they play on garbage defenses and get a lot of opportunies to be on the field?

Latest posts