Chad Greenway

Minnesota fans are ****s, they hate Iowa and will never be happy with a former Iowa player.

This is just not true. I'm an Iowa fan, a Vikings fan and wanted the Vikings to draft Chad. I'm just not a homer void of reality and think Chad has been great this year. I've watched all but one Vikings' game this season and it's obvious that he hasn't been an impact player. Tom Pelissero even said that Greenway "regressed" this year.

I also can't think of one Vikings fan that doesn't sing praises of Paul Krause. Your subjective argument carries no water.

And isn't good at shaking Iowa fans' hands.

There it is! Got em!

Anyway...

It is hard to say if Greenway deserves it or not when he was surrounded by teammates playing poorly. Maybe he got more tackles because no one else could? Maybe he didn't play as well because he felt like he had to do other people's jobs for them and as a result didn't do his own as well. Who knows.

Vikings were just a big disappointment this season overall. I do think Greenway is one of the top defensive players on the team.

Greenway is the man. End of story

Seriously, this is your retort? What is next "I know you are but what am I?"

In Greenway's own words "You can't play at the same level every year," Greenway said. "Unfortunately, this year I've had a few dips, but all in all, I'm still working really hard and trying to keep improving."

Maybe you should send Greenway an email telling him that "he is the man, end of story." Then Chad can say that to all reporters and fans from now on. Come out of the shell, it's okay to objectively look at things in this life.

I went to Vikings training camp this summer. I was wearing a bright blue #52 NFC pro bowl jersey, and shouted "HeY Chad! Pro Bowl Chad!", but he didn't even look up and smile. You think that's the least he could do for one of his fans. He clearly doesn't have what it takes.

Vikings fans should stop hating on Chad and start hating on whoever their QB is. Because they are 30th in the NFL in passing yards. I dont care who you are, you arent going to win many games with a passing game that bad in this NFL.

I'm a huge Vikings fan and Greenway is my favorite player on the team but I do realize that this isn't one of his best seasons. The guy works his a$$ off and makes a lot of good plays, unfortunately he finds himself out of position quite a bit (especially this year). Not that I necessarily blame Greenway for all of his miscues, a majority of them IMO are thanks to defensive coordinator Fred Pagac's play calling - who has called a lot of questionable blitzes, which Greenway has looked bad at. Unfortunately, I don't know that anyone on this historically bad Vikings team deserves to be in the pro-bowl besides Allen (who has a chance to set the sack record) and maybe Peterson, although he has missed a few weeks due to injury.

Let's grasp reality here. No way does one of the worst defense in the league send 2 players to the pro-bowl. Jared Allen is head and shoulders above any player on the defense.

Secondly, If you actually watch them play, you'll realize how little of a factor he has been this year. I'm honestly surprised by how bad he is at covering receivers and TE's. I thought that was supposed to be his advantage coming out of college. He gets burned repeatedly.

Not that I necessarily blame Greenway for all of his miscues, a majority of them IMO are thanks to defensive coordinator Fred Pagac's play calling - who has called a lot of questionable blitzes, which Greenway has looked bad at. .

Les Frazier took over a large portion of the defensive play calling weeks ago. It has nothing to do with untimely blitzes and everything to do with his poor man coverage skills. He's not a big hitter either. He tries to ankle tackle far too often and results in broken tackles or extra yards.

I went to Vikings training camp this summer. I was wearing a bright blue #52 NFC pro bowl jersey, and shouted "HeY Chad! Pro Bowl Chad!", but he didn't even look up and smile. You think that's the least he could do for one of his fans. He clearly doesn't have what it takes.

My post on this subject was better. :)

Greenway is the man. End of story
Seriously, this is your retort? What is next "I know you are but what am I?"In Greenway's own words "You can't play at the same level every year," Greenway said. "Unfortunately, this year I've had a few dips, but all in all, I'm still working really hard and trying to keep improving."Maybe you should send Greenway an email telling him that "he is the man, end of story." Then Chad can say that to all reporters and fans from now on. Come out of the shell, it's okay to objectively look at things in this life.
Greenway is still the man

Latest posts