CBI???

This isn't football. You won't get weeks and weeks of practice. At most you will get a few days. There is no benefit to that. This time of year teams are shortening practices anyway. More practice against each other, does nothing for us. Neither does a game vs Northeast New England A&M.

If we run the table and win it, so what? It's the CBI. If we slip up and lose a game then we just lost to another terrible team. There is no upside. Not to mention, it hurts the profile of a power conference team to play in the CBI. Teams recruiting the same players will use it against us.

The games will not televised. Bottom line? Nothing in it for us.
It's gametime experience. It's experience on a postseason level. It's giving the kids SOMETHING to play for.

I bet if you ask every player if they want to keep playing they would say YES.

And yes the CBI is televised on HDNet.

It's gametime experience. It's experience on a postseason level. It's giving the kids SOMETHING to play for.

But, who has NDNet. Very few cable & satellite providers carry HDNet.

I would love to watch more games, but the idea of the CBI is kind of like when I was a kid and we got 2nd in a tourney and one of the parents bought us all trophies anyways. We did better, but not good enough for the postseason. Lets just come out and go to the big dance next year.

HDNet:rolleyes:

I have a bad feeling that the B1G will dictate where Iowa can go (i.e. - CBI).

We may have seen our last Iowa BB game of the year. And that saddens me.

I am sad as well. I am a Iowa Basketball fan first and foremost, before football. I am sad every year when it is over. I've looked forward to watching every game, and have very much enjoyed watching the progress that has been taking place. I don't care where or who they play, I just want to see more Iowa basketball and more progression.

Right because more practice and games would hurt this team instead of help :confused:. I don't understand this thinking.
This isn't football. You won't get weeks and weeks of practice. At most you will get a few days. There is no benefit to that. This time of year teams are shortening practices anyway. More practice against each other, does nothing for us. Neither does a game vs Northeast New England A&M.If we run the table and win it, so what? It's the CBI. If we slip up and lose a game then we just lost to another terrible team. There is no upside. Not to mention, it hurts the profile of a power conference team to play in the CBI. Teams recruiting the same players will use it against us.The games will not televised. Bottom line? Nothing in it for us.
This times a million

Latest posts