Cayle Byers

RACHawk

Andy Hamilton tweeted that Cayle Byers is transferring from George Mason to Iowa. Don't really know anything about him besides he wrestles 197. Hopefully someone know something about him.

Andy Hamilton has a bunch of tweets about him and will have a story up on him soon on Hawkcentral. Quick update looks like he will have 1 year left. Is a two time qualifier. As a soph he came within one win of being an AA. 67-17 record in his first two years at George Mason. He also comes with some baggage. Here is what it appears he got in trouble for.

ASSAULT ON POLICE-ARREST, 11/8/2010, 3200 block of N. Pershing Drive On November 6 at 1:30 am, a man assaulted another man. When police arrive, the suspect also spit on an officer. Cayle Byers, 21, of an unknown address, was charged with Assault on Law Enforcement and Drunk in Public. He was held without bond.

Last edited:
Andy Hamilton has a bunch of tweets about him and will have a story up on him soon on Hawkcentral. Quick update looks like he will have 1 year left. Is a two time qualifier. As a soph he came within one win of being an AA. 67-17 record in his first two years at George Mason. He also comes with some baggage. Here is what it appears he got in trouble for.

ASSAULT ON POLICE-ARREST, 11/8/2010, 3200 block of N. Pershing Drive On November 6 at 1:30 am, a man assaulted another man. When police arrive, the suspect also spit on an officer. Cayle Byers, 21, of an unknown address, was charged with Assault on Law Enforcement and Drunk in Public. He was held without bond.

Exactly what we don't need.

This kid is ultra talented and will blossom under Brands and Co. especially having top notch workout partners.

I am all for giving him a second chance and it obviously fills a huge hole in the line-up. USAFhawk do you or anyone else know if Byron Tate was a real possibility?

Not sure who people were referring to, heard Whilps from Pitt come up from time to time, but this is a surprise to me.

Did that altercation end his year? His only loss this year was to current #1 Simaz 5-4. He also beat #4 Kilgore this year 9-4. Kilgore happens to be the only loss Simaz has this year. Looks like this kid is talented. Wonder why he didn't wrestle last year?

He has had off the mat problems that have kept him off the mat that have been previously stated. Byers is a full 197 and is a horse with a good motor, his problem has always been conditioning as he tends to fade as the season goes along. As long as he embraces the lifestyle he can be a force at 197.

I'd been hearing about Byers for 2 weeks; he's talented and I'm hoping he just needs a change of scenery. He was ranked top 3 before he got into trouble. He redshirted last year due to an injury; I believe a shoulder.

Last edited:
2010-11 Results:

1. Cayle Byers FFT (Edinboro) 1-0

2. Cayle Byers Fall Travis Stem (Lock Haven) 6:31 2-0

3. Cayle Byers Dec Chris Penny (Virginia Tech) 9-4 3-0

4. Cayle Byers Maj Kelby Smith (The Citadel) 12-3 4-0

5. Cayle Byers Maj Chance Rauscher (Navy) 19-9 5-0

6. Cayle Byers Dec Richard Perry (Bloomsburg) 6-1 6-0

7. Cayle Byers Dec Andrew Buck (Navy) 10-5 7-0

8. Cayle Byers FFT (Bloomsburg) 8-0

9. Cayle Byers Fall Mike Pushpak (Columbia) 1:59 9-0

10. Cayle Byers Dec Joe Kennedy (Lehigh) 2-1 10-0

11. Cayle Byers Dec Charles Fox (Princeton) 11-5 11-0

12. Cayle Byers Dec Mike Wagner (Rutgers) 6-2 12-0

13. Cayle Byers Dec Dylan Temple (Appalachian State) 12-7 13-0

14. Cayle Byers Maj Neil Delaney (Air Force) 13-5 14-0

15. Cayle Byers Maj Chad Hanke (Oregon State) 13-4 15-0

16. Cayle Byers Dec Dustin Kilgore (Kent State) 9-4 16-0

17. Cam Simaz (Cornell) Dec Cayle Byers 5-4 16-1

18. Cayle Byers Dec Caylor Williams (UNC-Greensboro) 5-2 17-1

They need to go try and land Devin Peterson from Wisconsin is the kid they need. It's too bad that he isn't a senior this year but with Byers coming for a year they could sure make it work.

Latest posts