Catching up on Iowa Recruiting

Iowa medical school. One of the reasons Rudock chose us. Pay attention.

Why would someone choose to play football for Iowa because of the Medical school? Just b/c you go to IU does not mean you'll get accepted into med school. The only advantage would be if you get accepted you wouldn't have to move.

Why would a Hawkeye fan tell the board PR would be better off going to some other school when said poster has no idea what makes PR happy and what school might meet both his academic and sports priorities?

More importantly, why would you crawl up that poster's keister?

I agree that Iowa's medical school probably isn't enough to draw a guy like Robinette. He could certainly get into Iowa's medical school(or just about any other) with a degree from Harvard or some other top school. What he also is looking for though is a pro style offense and that Iowa is known for. We have to hope he also finds Iowa's premedical education and coaching to fit his needs. It's a combination of positives that has us on his radar. It'd be nice if it turns out to be the right combination.

Wow, some people have no idea what good schools are.

UNC is in elite company as a public school. Peers would be Michigan, UVa, Berkeley, UCLA, and Wisconsin.

Iowa is a good school (public or otherwise), but it is not on that level.

Beat me to it, although I wouldn't have put Wisky on that list as their programs aren't as consistently elite as the others you list. Most of the BIG schools, including Iowa, have one or more departments solidly top-20.

I don't know about that. If kf slept on my lawn to recruit me I'd be flattered.

I'd go a dang step further and say I'd invite him in and turn the fireplace on. I'd give him warm milk, you know, we'd have cookies. It'd be very charming.

must be a Clown fan to turn his own kids away from Iowa
Iowa's Med school degree is nothing to sneeze at it may not have the prestige name of a Havard, there are a lot of kids that choose Iowa because of the sports medicine dept

With Cameron Wilson, Greg Mabin, and now Tevaun Smith. This is turning into quite a good class of wide receivers. I was worried about this position but this class and the guys already in Iowa City makes for some nice competition for playing time at WR. Also, there are a couple others out there still at this position that have the Hawks still on their list.

With this said, what position(s) do we still need in this class? I would like to see another DE/DT and a stud LB if there are any still out there.

I was talking to one of the kids in my youth group last weekend. She was really stressing out about retaking the ACT (her parents were making her study on New Years' Day) because she didn't want to be boxed out of some colleges.

Trying to make her feel better, I told her that the ACT is not an indicator of future college success. To illustrate that point, I told her I got a 31 on the ACT, but only managed a 2.7 GPA at the 9th best school in the Big 10.

Latest posts