Castillio over Bernstien???

311hawk

What is going on here. Is it because they are trying to plug Bernstien into the Safety role or is Castillio really beating out Bernstien also?

Bernstine has been falling behind the competition all year, it seems. Willie Lowe would have to be pushing him too. He's a better fit at safety, IMO.

I wonder if this is some sort of punishment for his involvement in the Hampton/JB June run in with the law that got Jewel suspended for the game.

Then again if he hasn't been work exclusively at CB and spliting time at Saftey and CB he may fall down the depth chart a little.

I think he will be on the field a lot.....and his health is important especially with the lingering hamstring injury for Prater.

I wonder if this is some sort of punishment for his involvement in the Hampton/JB June run in with the law that got Jewel suspended for the game.

Then again if he hasn't been work exclusively at CB and spliting time at Saftey and CB he may fall down the depth chart a little.

I think he will be on the field a lot.....and his health is important especially with the lingering hamstring injury for Prater.

I am thinking that he might make a good slot corner in the nickel or dime package.

However, all signs point to him being the fifth guy on the list right now with Prater and Hyde being the starters and then it going 3. Castillo, 4. Lowe, and 5. Bernstine.

The bottom line is that Iowa is very deep in the defensive backfield. I don't think it matter who starts, I feel confident in their play.

Castillo is reported to have been practicing very well. This is college and not HS star ratings being used.

Previous posters may be correct in that he would be better at safety and based on kids day, he is playing safety or nickel back. We will have better idea where he stands after EIU game.

I've always wondered why he was moved to CB in the first place. He was a FREAK safety in HS and could have started as a true freshman at most of the schools who offered him. Given our lack of depth at safety I would rather we switch him back there. The coaches also seem very impressed with his development and are eager to get him onto the field this season to prep him for a potential starting role in a couple seasons.

I've always wondered why he was moved to CB in the first place. He was a FREAK safety in HS and could have started as a true freshman at most of the schools who offered him. Given our lack of depth at safety I would rather we switch him back there. The coaches also seem very impressed with his development and are eager to get him onto the field this season to prep him for a potential starting role in a couple seasons.

He will be out of eligibility in a couple of seasons. He has one left after this. His shot would be to take over Greenwood's spot. But, from what we hear there are some guys behind him that look good.

I am thinking that he might make a good slot corner in the nickel or dime package.

However, all signs point to him being the fifth guy on the list right now with Prater and Hyde being the starters and then it going 3. Castillo, 4. Lowe, and 5. Bernstine.

he also mispelled "Castillo" with Castillio.

"and there he was the Mighty Duck Man himself Emiliooooo!!!!"

4080738269_5f4c9bf2f7_o.jpg

lot of good post here--- i like the being annoyed till game starts post.....totaly with ya--- i caught myself cussing at the wind coming back from lunch--- and having to hear about the ISU game on murph and andy--- ok universe, speed it up would ya.... we've been waiting painfully for 8 freaking months!---

Consider this---- good call on bernstein (sp?) going to safety---and yes true about after greenwood, but, if Sash has a good year, as good or if better than last year which i could see if the season pans like we hope, and if it does pan out like we hope, it will partly be because of sash and therefore, that means he'll probably skip is SR yr to go to the NFL--- -that would open that up

IIRC Parker said JB has not regained his pre-injury speed yet, so that certainly is a factor. There is also the punishment angle someone mentioned.

come on guys---think!! He plays corner on the other side and got beat out by Hyde so far this year. Corners do not switch sides---each side is different

JB (note no spleling errors:) is still in the doghouse for the opener. Hyde is no slouch though, he will do fine and gain valuable experience- expect JB in week 2. (unless Hyde has 2 picks...)

JB (note no spleling errors:) is still in the doghouse for the opener. Hyde is no slouch though, he will do fine and gain valuable experience- expect JB in week 2. (unless Hyde has 2 picks...)

After a couple phone calls, I stand corrected. Hyde apparently did win the job and JB will get some playing time. Apparently Hyde is regarded highly by our WR core.

Latest posts