Carver Seating Plan

Average attendance in the worst year in Iowa basketball history was 9,550 per ESPN. We can probably guess that the numbers were inflated and just say that 8,000 attended Iowa home games (on average). I don't know what the actual figures are.

Public season tickets cost $266 for an average of $15.65 per game.

If we average 8,000 fans next year, we will generate $2,128,000 for the year in ticket sales. If we cut the prices in half and average 15,000 fans we actually reduce revenue to $1,995,000 for ticket sales. Obviously this figure will fluctuate based on average attendance from last year and actual attendance next year but the premise is still the same. Cutting prices doesn't always equate to higher revenues.

You failed to take into account increased parking and concessions sales. Also in your earlier post you tried to state that reduced attendance would somehow reduce the fixed cost such as security and labor. I doubt they employ fewer concessions or security workers when attendance is lower. Just based on my own attendance of games, I spend about half what my ticket costs me on parking and concessions at the games (at least $10 against a $20 ticket). If I represent the average fan, that would change your revenue number for a sold out arena to $2,992,500. The fact is revenue would be even higher than that, since your numbers indicate that an average season ticket would cost $7.83 per game. Who doesn't spend more than $7.83 on parking and snacks when they go to a game?

I sat there for three years watching crap, in hopes of getting better and better seats each year: just in case they ever got good. Guess I will be going back to watching on TV.

I sat there for three years watching crap, in hopes of getting better and better seats each year: just in case they ever got good. Guess I will be going back to watching on TV.

The only reason you went to games was in hopes of better seats in the future?

"Milk, that was a bad choice." Ron Burgandy

Latest posts