Carver Seating Plan

sthoma14

Just got the Carver seating plan in the mail today for the 2011-2012 season. I really hope that Coach Fran can turn this program around, because at a minimum 200 dollars per seat to sit between the baskets, this arena could be awefully empty. Anyone else see this yet, and thoughts on what they are doing?

Going from being begged to show up for a game to being asked to donate 400 bucks per ticket to keep the same seats does make one sit up and take notice. At least we get a year to think about it.

Jon or Spank, or anyone else for that matter......does anyone have an online link to the seating plan. I just have my hard copy.

Good luck with that U of I. They should be paying us to watch basketball right now. I choke to write the checks for the football tickets, but it's worth it when you combine the game experience, tailgating, and an actual winning team. For hoops, never.

I guess this means that the need to give away tickets and the attendance problem was entirely the result of Lick and his slow, boring style? As of now, the team is no better.

This is BS! This university ( and yes I know they are not the only school doing this ) is going to price the average fan right out of the game. This is a horrible decision given the fact that they can't even sell out the arena. So much for their claim that they wouldn't be doing this with Carver when they first did this with Kinnick. And that was originally supposed to be a one time deal...so much for truth in advertising.

This is BS! This university ( and yes I know they are not the only school doing this ) is going to price the average fan right out of the game. This is a horrible decision given the fact that they can't even sell out the arena. So much for their claim that they wouldn't be doing this with Carver when they first did this with Kinnick. And that was originally supposed to be a one time deal...so much for truth in advertising.

You are not required to donate to go to games at Carver, you are required to donate to get certain seats at Carver. Same goes for Kinnick. Same goes for any sporting event or concert throughout the whole country.

Plus if they didn''t raise prices than they wouldn't be able to upgrade facilities and stay competitive in the arms race of college sports. If they didn't stay competitive you wouldn't want to attend anyway.

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure that it was said at the time of the Kinnick reseating that a Carver reseating would happen, so this isn't anything new.

And as others have said, football I-Club contributions count inside of Carver for their sports.

I'm well aware that you are not required to donate to go to a game. I've had season football tickets for over 20 years, and go to many games each year at Carver. I lost good seats and a good tailgating place because I do not donate enough to the I club. The fact that I have been a loyal customer of the Uof I for all that time was never considered. It was pure greed on the university's part, and now they are at it again. It is certainly premature to do this before Caff has had a chance to turn the program around, and I think it will make it harder to sell to recruits because I don't see alot of season tickets getting sold on this basis, hence attendance will remain down until success is achieved, and selling a half empty Carver to recruits is going to be difficult.

looks like this will be my last year of season tickets. You go watch the crappy teams for the last three years and now you have to pay a premium to get the same seats. It will be years and years before they fill carver again.

I'm pretty sure that it was said at the time of the Kinnick reseating that a Carver reseating would happen, so this isn't anything new.

And as others have said, football I-Club contributions count inside of Carver for their sports.

It is true that a Carver reseating was announced at that time, but it was said that a donation per seat would not be part of the equation.

looks like this will be my last year of season tickets. You go watch the crappy teams for the last three years and now you have to pay a premium to get the same seats. It will be years and years before they fill carver again.

The upcoming season will not change. Things will change in Coach Fran's 2nd season.

I'm well aware that you are not required to donate to go to a game. I've had season football tickets for over 20 years, and go to many games each year at Carver. I lost good seats and a good tailgating place because I do not donate enough to the I club. The fact that I have been a loyal customer of the Uof I for all that time was never considered. It was pure greed on the university's part, and now they are at it again. It is certainly premature to do this before Caff has had a chance to turn the program around, and I think it will make it harder to sell to recruits because I don't see alot of season tickets getting sold on this basis, hence attendance will remain down until success is achieved, and selling a half empty Carver to recruits is going to be difficult.

If it wasn't for donations to the I-Club, the Iowa athletic department would not be self-sufficient and would be subsidized by the taxpayers. The bills have to be paid, one way or the other, and asking taxpayers to do so isn't going to fly, as UNI and ISU now know. So asking those with the means to pay the freight by making donations is the only other option, and if that's what's going to happen, those people deserve the best seats in the house.

Just like in Kinnick, there will be plenty of seats available that will cost you a donation of $0.

Latest posts