Carver-Hawkeye Arena will now contain Mediacom Court

Isnt Mediacom the slow *** cable company that took forever to get the BIG 10 channel on their network???? I switched from Mediacom to someone else and now they suddenly love the BIG 10 so much they get to claim Carver??? BOO!

I would like to see the Big Ten Network digitally mask the mediacom logo from their broadcast. I think that would be hilarious.

Folks, it's all about the benjamins. We all know this...college athletics is big-time business, and when we're competing against bohemoths such as Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State, we need to grab every dollar that we can.

I don't know if the playing surface/wrestling mat will have a MediaCom reference or not, and quite frankly, I don't care. I'm certainly no MediaCom fan either, but if they're going to flash the cash at Gary Barta, then you just can't blame him for accepting it.

I couldnt agree more!!!!:):)

Isnt Mediacom the slow *** cable company that took forever to get the BIG 10 channel on their network???? I switched from Mediacom to someone else and now they suddenly love the BIG 10 so much they get to claim Carver??? BOO!

During the BTN unveiling I let Mediacom know what I thought of them by phone, then by email, and then in the memo of my final check to them.

Maybe they could have spent a little more time to find a more reputable and well thought of company to affiliate with... Agriprocessors Court has a nice ring to it.

Yep, it looks like crap on the court. I could live with it a lot easier if it was a little smaller and just plain, straight text. That way it would be less noticeable.

I remember years ago when tOSU made a similar decision. They accepted sponsorship from a Columbus based "discount retailer"....Schottenstein / Value City. Not a very prestigious name at the time. This decision came with some fan apprehension as well. They now have one of the finest basketball facilities in the Big 10 if not beyond. Welcome to college sports. You have to keep up with the Jones in some respects or you're going to have a tough road attracting the interest and building your program/s.

Our men's BB program needs a shot in the arm and the upgrade/expansion of CH will only help. I'm not sure any program can be too picky during these times when a corporate sponsor steps forward and is willing to lend a helping hand to the degree it sounds like Mediacom is willing to do.

Things could be worse......we could have the Dunkin Donuts Center (Providence), the Jenny Craig Pavillion (U of San Diego), and there are others.

.....just a thought.

I have to say, I didn't even notice the logo on the court for an entire half. At least Mediacom consented to having their logo kinda Hawk-i-fied so it's not the obnoxious Blue and red which would be a major distraction.

I have to say, I didn't even notice the logo on the court for an entire half. At least Mediacom consented to having their logo kinda Hawk-i-fied so it's not the obnoxious Blue and red which would be a major distraction.

I have to admit that I didn't notice it either until late in the 1st half, and only because someone pointed it out to me. I was too busy watching the game to notice the court.

Latest posts