Cartwright concerns me

Good points made by all. Next season we will have guys more capable of flexing at the guard spots, but not this year. I had high hopes Ogelsby could be more productive at the 2, but he appears overmatched defensively. Cartwright really hasn't proven consistently capable of getting us into the offense, so it kind of falls back on Marble's plate at the point.

With McCabe, Brommer, Archie and Olaseni you would think we could get some effectiveness out of the 5 spot, but it has been McCabe or bust so far. White has proven more consistent with less PT than Basabe, but when he plays with energy, Basabe is a huge factor with rebounding and shot blocking.

I don't think Cartwright fits on this team. Most of the other players are team players and are willing to make an extra pass for an open shot. Count how many times BC passes and how many times he shoots. If he is trying to be the starting point guard, he needs to understand the pg position should be heavier on assists than on shots. Frankly, I think BC is a ballhog that spends most of his time trying to score. Many times we are in good rythum and BC comes in and tries to take over by himself. He is shooting 33% from the field and 20% from three on the season; he isn't as good as he thinks he is.

hes just not a very good basketball player and if you can accept that then you will not be disappointed.

hes just not a very good basketball player and if you can accept that then you will not be disappointed.

I accept that you don't know what you are talking about so I can't be disappointed by any of your posts.

Cartwright has a very limited game offensively and doesn't possess the quickness necessary to drive past too many in the big ten. With that being said, OSU goes 10 deep with quick, athletic guys, which is a nightmare matchup for us.

Weird. He drove past a lot of Badgers up in Madison.

Weird. He drove past a lot of Badgers up in Madison.

Wisconsin does not have that great of perimeter defenders. He did not say Cartwright can't drive past "anyone" in the Big 10. I think his point is that Bryce is an average basketaball player and slightly above average athletically. He will have ups and downs so I don't know why people sweat him having a bad game. He is not so good that you expect him to go out and dominate each game.

Latest posts