Carson May Enters the Portal

Maybe a good choice for him. He can get 1-2 years of experience and some tape for schools to evaluate, then go to a school that fits him. Best of luck.

Does this indicate he had no interest / offers from any FBS or FCS schools?
Not sure, but I would think it may be tough to get an offer at too big of a school with no tape if that's what he's going for. I'm surprised there haven't been more portal guys going juco for a year to get on tape, or maybe there have been more than I think.

It's a control thing. It sounds great and a no brainer to just let the QB run wild, but you do increase the risk of injury. KF is a control freak who likes predictable plays. Just letting the QB run wild also messes up the blocking schemes as now that is not predictable and often times leads to penalties, such as linemen downfield or more holding, etc.. It really is about controlling the situation for consistency and to keep the QB from taking hits.
I cant imagine being worse than what we've seen happening to qbs back to CJ. And then there are the RBs going back longer.

Does this indicate he had no interest / offers from any FBS or FCS schools?
Probably... At least not any he wanted to go to. This is semi close to home for him anyway. Closer then Iowa by alot anyway. The portal is such a mess. More players then jobs. The RS freshmen/sophs that haven't played a down of college ball transfering is problematic cause as the new school how do you know what the heck you're getting? That goes for all positions but none more so then QB. Good luck to the guy

Probably... At least not any he wanted to go to. This is semi close to home for him anyway. Closer then Iowa by alot anyway. The portal is such a mess. More players then jobs. The RS freshmen/sophs that haven't played a down of college ball transfering is problematic cause as the new school how do you know what the heck you're getting? That goes for all positions but none more so then QB. Good luck to the guy
This is a great take. And to this point, pertaining to Iowa, you haven't seen Iowa pull the trigger on an underclassman or a guy that hasn't put in some quality playing time.

This is a great take. And to this point, pertaining to Iowa, you haven't seen Iowa pull the trigger on an underclassman or a guy that hasn't put in some quality playing time.
Not an accident btw.. However we did take that QB transfer from Wisconsin to replace him with that isn't in much of a different boat. However with that position we aren't looking for a starter either. This kid couldn't have any delusions of grandeur about starting next yr or even the yr after unless something crazy happens and they become like the 49ers and they all get hurt.

Not an accident btw.. However we did take that QB transfer from Wisconsin to replace him with that isn't in much of a different boat. However with that position we aren't looking for a starter either. This kid couldn't have any delusions of grandeur about starting next yr or even the yr after unless something crazy happens and they become like the 49ers and they all get hurt.
Niners or the 2014 Buckeyes.

Me and my big mouth in regards to Hill playing so much... Maybe him playing is all my fault...:eek:

I know this post will probably win the annual “Capt. Obvious” award, but I can’t resist. I watched a bunch of Bowl games, not all in their entirety. This was after constant warnings that these games were a waste of time. Not really. Saw lots of good football. Saw lots of emotion from players and coaches.

What really stood out was that every single team had a QB that could move within and outside of the pocket. And they scored TD’s consistently. Then I reconsidered Iowa’s recent QB’s performances. I was stunned at their total lack of mobility. That was, of course, predictable. What finally sunk in was the dramatic, unbelievable difference between Iowa QB’s and virtually every other signal caller.

There is no excuse for the type of QB we have signed. None. The best news is that they are transferring en mass. Labas should go as well. New recruits should be given a very short leash.

Get busy, coaches.
There really is a very bright line in offensive performance after Nate Stanley graduated. By year three with Stanzi you literally would have to have thought that there was major scheme or coaching change. Same team, same system, same OC. Unbelievable.