Carrol To Seahawks

WhitUp

Heard a bunch of talk on KXNO national show, about Carrol to Seahawks, he acted like it was done deal. Article on ESPN on it too. Hopefully this will end the USC dominating the Rose Bowl.

I'll believe that USC will have major violations brought against them when I see it.

Regardless, USC is an elite job. And there are many coaches that would put up with(let's say) a years probation to be at a place with that amount of money and the built in advantages with being located in Southern California.

I wonder if Sarkisian would jump at a chance to return there?

USC probably wouldn't be as good if Carroll left. But he would be leaving them with a ton of talent up and down that roster.

I wouldn't cry too many tears for them.

ridiculous ... would you leave USC for the Seahawks!??!!?!?!?!?!?

I believe Carroll knows the NCAA is about to drop the hammer...they just hit the basketball program for the OJ Mayo stuff and I think he wants to bail before it hits in typical slimy Carroll fashion

I agree.

This has a Calipari/Pitino vibe to it. He'll leave, the NCAA drops a hammer on USC, he fails miserably with the Seahawks and he'll be introduced as UCLA's head coach in 2015.

I believe Carroll knows the NCAA is about to drop the hammer...they just hit the basketball program for the OJ Mayo stuff and I think he wants to bail before it hits in typical slimy Carroll fashion

The NCAA did not hit USC for the OJ Mayo thing, USC hit themselves. They gave themselves a one year post season ban, and the NCAA will probably not add any further sanctions.

Even the dirty business with Bush and McKnight, if they could link it to Carroll, they would have. They have had years to do it, but they haven't. Even if PC had something to do with it, which I doubt, they could cover it up so well that they could never link it to him anyways. The agents know the rules better than the NCAA does, and the only way you get caught is by acting really, really stupid. USC is smack dab in the middle of the sports agency universe, and their players receive more attention by sports agents than anyone else on account of pure geography.

Seattle is also backing the Brinks truck to Carroll's house, making it pretty much impossible to say no. Paul Allen is probably the richest owner in the NFL, and he seems willing to pay whatever is nessecary.