Carew/149 situation

WildTurkey

I wish he could of stayed healthy. We are giving up a lot of points at 149. The lead legs of Matt Baldweg are not going to cut it at big tens or ncaa's. (I can poke a little fun at Matt's hair growing abilities because I lost all mine at 19....

Anyways.. Is it true Marion won a 5-2 wrestle of this week over Mark? Also anyone know if mark can beat his big brother in a match?

I say let mark wrestle at 141 and move montel to 49. See how it goes. Proly a good thing I'm not a coach.

I wish he could of stayed healthy. We are giving up a lot of points at 149. The lead legs of Matt Baldweg are not going to cut it at big tens or ncaa's. (I can poke a little fun at Matt's hair growing abilities because I lost all mine at 19....

Anyways.. Is it true Marion won a 5-2 wrestle of this week over Mark? Also anyone know if mark can beat his big brother in a match?

I say let mark wrestle at 141 and move montel to 49. See how it goes. Proly a good thing I'm not a coach.

I like Mark but I don't think he has the offense to AA at either weight. '41 is tough this year but Marion has a better chance at AA of either wrestler @ '41. That and the wrestle off should solve that problem.

Your original point is valid however, and I wish we weren't giving up points at '49. But, if GG & BR would get their sh$t together, I think we could start to forget about '49 for the year.

Honestly i think we are better off w/ Mark at 149 than w/ Carew. I've never been in love w/ Carew at all. I think Ballweg has a lot more fight than he does.

Honestly i think we are better off w/ Mark at 149 than w/ Carew. I've never been in love w/ Carew at all. I think Ballweg has a lot more fight than he does.

I will respectfully disagree. I think that Carew would have made big strides this year and done well. Don't get me wrong, I like Mark a lot and he has been great this year but if you are talking 149 then I like Carew.

Fair enough, and Ballweg having to go up a weight class hurts too. I guess when i've watched Carew in the past I was never sure if he had enough offense to win at a high level. But most of these guys have been progressing well this year so i'm sure he would have too.

carew at 149 all day on size alone

You may be right that Carew is the guy, but you're too confident imo. He'll need to prove some things on the mat before I'd give that much credit. Ballweg has shown hes more than just heart and fight (even though he has plenty of both of those.)

Latest posts