Caption this Fran Photo

"Tyler!, SANTA, Santa's coming!!!"

fran-jpg.4652

Look at the size of that, Margaret!

Yikes!

I don't like spiders, especially tarantulas.

Two of my aunt's would frequently babysit my sister and I back in the day. We we're fortunate to have both WGN and WSNS out of Chicago. They broadcast 1970's Cubs and White Sox games which were both a good primer for the late afternoon spider, killer bee, army ant or Godzilla horror movies that my teenage aunt's loved-and I learned to hate.

A third aunt loved pro wrestling and roller derby. Perfect, but she developed substance issues at an early age and had to finish at a correctional facility to get her GED so she wasn't availablle nearly as much.
Hah I was more thinking along the lines of the sound he makes with it on his face, if anyone can remember

Yikes!

I don't like spiders, especially tarantulas.

Two of my aunt's would frequently babysit my sister and I back in the day. We we're fortunate to have both WGN and WSNS out of Chicago. They broadcast 1970's Cubs and White Sox games which were both a good primer for the late afternoon spider, killer bee, army ant or Godzilla horror movies that my teenage aunt's loved-and I learned to hate.

A third aunt loved pro wrestling and roller derby. Perfect, but she developed substance issues at an early age and had to finish at a correctional facility to get her GED so she wasn't availablle nearly as much.

So, we all want to know, did the correctional facility have any tarantulas or not?

So, we all want to know, did the correctional facility have any tarantulas or not?
It was in Saint Louis. There's no telling what was in a facility there.

She battled substance demons most of her life, was (predictibly) horribly mistreated by any men she did have in her life, and passed away relatively young at 58.

My grandfather was an alcoholic, and my mother, who was the oldest all the aforementioned siblings, kept my sister and I away from him as much as possible. I have very few memories of him. And that could very well have been where my aunt's issues started.

It was in Saint Louis. There's no telling what was in a facility there.

She battled substance demons most of her life, was (predictibly) horribly mistreated by any men she did have in her life, and passed away relatively young at 58.

My grandfather was an alcoholic, and my mother, who was the oldest all the aforementioned siblings, kept my sister and I away from him as much as possible. I have very few memories of him. And that could very well have been where my aunt's issues started.

Wow. So sorry about your grandfather and aunt and not getting to know them very well.

I've come to the conclusion that all the posters that knock McCaffery for his court demeanor don't watch any other college basketball. McCaffery has toned down his behavior for the past few seasons and you can see worse behavior exhibited practically any night of the week.

Wow. So sorry about your grandfather and aunt and not getting to know them very well.
Thank you and like I said I didn't get to know my grandfather any better than you would have.

My mom came from a family of seven, my dad came from a family of ten. You're going to get to bruised apples in baskets those sizes. I'm sure most of the posters on this forum have a relative or two like that. My family was hardly an isolated case.

I've come to the conclusion that all the posters that knock McCaffery for his court demeanor don't watch any other college basketball. McCaffery has toned down his behavior for the past few seasons and you can see worse behavior exhibited practically any night of the week.

I think you are right. The thing I hear most from non Hawk fans are the UNI fiasco in Cedar Falls and the chair slam at Michigan State. I believe both of these were during his 2nd season. Outside of those two it's mostly been the occasional scorers table kick sprinkled with an ejection here or there. Nothing too crazy though the last few years.

I think you are right. The thing I hear most from non Hawk fans are the UNI fiasco in Cedar Falls and the chair slam at Michigan State. I believe both of these were during his 2nd season. Outside of those two it's mostly been the occasional scorers table kick sprinkled with an ejection here or there. Nothing too crazy though the last few years.

Agreed. Izzo acts like a buffoon on the sideline every game, but he's just a fiery coach I guess...

Thank you and like I said I didn't get to know my grandfather any better than you would have.

My mom came from a family of seven, my dad came from a family of ten. You're going to get to bruised apples in baskets those sizes. I'm sure most of the posters on this forum have a relative or two like that. My family was hardly an isolated case.

Not at all. I was going to follow up my statement above with "Most people have similar stories in their lives".

fran-jpg.4652

"The Franimal, by gawd King, he's trying to rip the Cook's arm off!!! "
If you watched pro 'rasslin' back in the day, say this in JR's voice.