Captain Kirk's Sense of Humor

hwkwyld

I got this story second hand so I don't know how much of it's true but if it is it show that Captain Kirk has a great sense of humor...

A friend of my Father-in-Law works as a valet at the Cedar Rapids Airport. Apparently Ferentz came through and the guy parked his car. Ferentz gave the guy $20 and thanked him. The guy made a statement that if Ferentz gave him an undefeated season that would be enough. Ferentz looked at him and said "If I give you an undefeated season I want that $20 back".

Even if it's not completely accurate I still like the story, adds to the legend that is KF. Thanks for posting.

Put me on the hook too. I think we could pay his next years salary in full from "donations."

Im in. I'll put $20 in the mail for an undefeated season.
I'll put $1000.00 in the mail for a NC. It would be worth it just to shut the traps on all of the Badger/Husker/Illini/PSU/OSU/MICH/ISU fans.
Did I leave anybody out?

I'll put $1000.00 in the mail for a NC. It would be worth it just to shut the traps on all of the Badger/Husker/Illini/PSU/OSU/MICH/ISU fans.
Did I leave anybody out?

any SEC fan

Actually an interesting incentive system! Who knows how much Hawkeye
fans would pay for an NC! I think it would be significant! Put me down
for a grand!

Someone earlier this year told about an auction at a Country Club in Rock Island that was for the Univ. Childrens Hospital benefit. Anyhow apparently Kirk and Mary were guests and Kirk worked the crowd before the auction started. Right before it started they asked Kirk to address the crowd. He obliged and told the crowd that it was a very worth while charity and to please open their wallets and dig deep and be very generous. Then he commented that the Illinois fans should have plenty of money since they didn't have to spend any on a bowl game last yr. Guess it brought the house down!

How about everyone who is talking about how much they would give for an undefeated season...pony up and donate $20 to the U of Children's Hospital for each win.

I'll start. It has been a tradition (superstition really) of mine to donate $50 every game week thursday during football season to the local Salvation Army. I'll go $20 per win to the U of I Children's hospital as well. Anyone else in? Anyone interested in getting something bigger like this going?

Did I leave anybody out?

Do ISU fans really belong in the list. They have never been in a Jan. 1 bowl game, EVER !!!!!! :)

How about everyone who is talking about how much they would give for an undefeated season...pony up and donate $20 to the U of Children's Hospital for each win.

I'll start. It has been a tradition (superstition really) of mine to donate $50 every game week thursday during football season to the local Salvation Army. I'll go $20 per win to the U of I Children's hospital as well. Anyone else in? Anyone interested in getting something bigger like this going?

If you organize it, I'm in

I'm in for that. I don't have time to organize, but I will donate.

Latest posts