Canzeri?

Coker is not the same rb we saw last year. I don't know if he is injured or just afraid to hit people but he is always pulling up when he is being tackled. Real rb's run downhill and lower their shoulders to deliver a blow when being tackled..... Coker is not doing that this year. Canzeri needs to play a lot as he has the speed to go inside or out and is always trying to deliver a blow to the tackler when he can't get by him with moves.

My guess is Kirk didn't use Bullock or Canzeri due to their pass blocking deficiencies.

And yet he felt comfortable enough with the "veteran" Brad Rogers in a critical 3rd down situation, despite Rogers's long absence from football. that worked out well. Rogers's awful whiff was the beginning of the end.

Using him in that situation was baffling to me. won't let anyone else carry it, why not leave coker in to block, too?

So this thread should be pulled as it's going down the wrong road in referring to someone who doesn't have an Iowa or nor has been interviewed by others?
Derby doesnt have anything to do with Iowa? I understand you are taking a jab at jon but this is dumb....try again later.

Was initially confused by your response to went back and re-read. I read "beat" when it wassup "do" when referring to someones girlfriend. Reading comprehension is pathetic after drinking because of the pathetic display today.

And yet he felt comfortable enough with the "veteran" Brad Rogers in a critical 3rd down situation, despite Rogers's long absence from football. that worked out well. Rogers's awful whiff was the beginning of the end.

Using him in that situation was baffling to me. won't let anyone else carry it, why not leave coker in to block, too?

Not saying I agree with it, just offering up my best guess based on history

Not saying I agree with it, just offering up my best guess based on history

Exactly. And that's precisely the point. He's so predictable... conservative... and quite simply AFRAID. He plays scared and it's getting really old. And it rubs off on his players. Combine this pattern with his frequent tendency to tear-up on the sidelines and I wonder if it's time for some major testosterone therapy.

Kirk has a lot of fine qualities. But Brett Bielema can outcoach him anyday of the week. And it's largely because he has balls...he plays to win... he knows you have to make things happen...not play to prevent things from happening. I think Bielema is a jerk...but he's a better football coach.

I'm getting to the point where the "nice guy"...."strong character" etc etc...thing has run its course. PLAY TO WIN! and do it with some balls.

Last edited:
If Coker goes down, we'll be ******** at the coaches even more(and rightfully so) for not giving anybody else some experience. Damnit, now I just flashed back to McCall and how bad that hurt us. You're right as well, hawkdrummer1.

Yeah Im sure this is the reason we lost though. Everyone was saying it... or WR tandem is one of the best in the big 10. Hate on KOK for not getting hot reads to Vandy for his lose coverage, hate on Vandy for him not calling it out himself. Hate on Vandy for him throw inaccurate all day, so receivers couldnt catch in flow. Also for him throwing into double coverage.

But Im not sure Canzeri would be a difference maker with our inability to run block that well. I do think when we did decide to run we should have been looking for counters more and continued to the weak side like we did maybe... once?

Could have put one of them in as a decoy to confuse the defense on a passing down. Opposing coaches probably have this Iowa staff figured out.
I was thinking the same thing, howabout put a double move on that true freshman CB along sideline with McNutt, or something. Maybe run a screen to Canzeri to get him in space.

WR & TE had some drops too, which does not help. When one of their longer pass plays is a bounce of a ref who was 10 ft away from the TE who caught it, you could tell this was not our day

This thread is an example of why I don't post the same day we lose. Some obviously are drunk, some know nothing about football, and the others are just ****** off and feel the need to vent publicly (their wives and gf's ignore them).

I chose to stay away...and stepped up the drinking.:rolleyes:

Personally I want our starters to be as follows:
QB- Trent Mossbrucker (Don't dismiss the Mossbrucker talk, He is like a poor man's taylor Martinez.)
RB- PAKI (I'm sure the NCAA will grant him another year!!)
WR- Let's play that Staggs kid and Hurt from Keokuk!! (I have seen enough of our "Good" guys like McNutt and Davis droppping passes.)

On the surface, you might look at Vandy's performance and put this on him. Furtanately though we have 12 years of history to look at the pattern that this offense has with QB's. How many QB's have we produced in the NFL? One. This offense is the problem. There's supposed to be beauty in simplicity but year in and year out what I see instead is QB's that hear coaches making them feel scared and tentative and get gunshy and become tighter and tighter. How many high caliber qb's have we brought in and made them look mediocre. It's the same old damn story for 12 years now. Don't play your talent. When your talent finally plays due to to injury or transfer, then they're tight and scared.

When we don't have a top 10 defense we're philosophically exposed and we refuse to adapt. Time for change.

The lack of Canzeri today was infuriating.

cowbell.jpg

Latest posts