Canzeri transfer rumblings????

Schools like Iowa are always having problems using all their talent.
When you rarely have star talent at the skill positions it's hard for the coaches to remember how to use the talent when it comes along especially when your offensive game plan is to put the defense to sleep.

It takes a lot of Derp to make demands when it isn't your board

Irregardless of whose board it is, I love and support the Hawks. This form of mindless speculation helps no one except Iowa's opponents. It is hurtful and distracting to a key Iowa player and his family, apparently bince this rumor is a total fabrication.

Irregardless of whose board it is, I love and support the Hawks. This form of mindless speculation helps no one except Iowa's opponents. It is hurtful and distracting to a key Iowa player and his family, apparently bince this rumor is a total fabrication.
Why are you posting at this late hour. Nobody in their right mind is up at 3am on a Hawkeye message board.

We aren't talking about giving any of those guys 30 carries. We're talking about taking maybe 5-10 of Weisman's carries and spreading the wealth.

Think about that for 2 seconds. We're saying we should have taken away 5-10 carries who rushed for 180 yards at a 6-yard clip and scored twice. Sure, I can't know to a moral certainty that Bullock, Daniels, or anyone else might have done better had they gotten 30 carries. But I do know that this is a particular bone that's just stupid to pick.

"RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE....We could have gotten MORE than 296 yards if we'd just given the ball to someone OTHER than the guy that was dominating the game...RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE."

Seriously, there were issues with what Iowa was doing. But the running game wasn't one of them, so why are people nitpicking it like this?

I don't think there's any problem questioning the staff's play calling or seeming unwillingness to throw other players into the mix. Iowa has seen all too often, unfortunately, what happens when you ride the bell cow too far (injury) or don't give yourself a better base by giving more players experience, especially in early games.

This is was a tweet from BCCanzeri (his father???) today:

RT @BCCanzeri
if anyone paid attention to JC's FB, he loves it at Iowa and has no plans on leaving. I love Iowa!

Good to hear! Now let's hope Jordan gets some more touches!

So you started the rumor, and then you later Debunked the rumor?

Way to jump the gun.

I don't think there's any problem questioning the staff's play calling or seeming unwillingness to throw other players into the mix. Iowa has seen all too often, unfortunately, what happens when you ride the bell cow too far (injury) or don't give yourself a better base by giving more players experience, especially in early games.

Sure, people have the right to question things. But in case it slipped the notice of some of you, Saturday's game wasn't a blowout. It wasn't like MSU 2010 when Robinson had no business still being in the game and got hurt. And it's not like Bullock isn't getting any carries.

This is just people wanting to ***** about anything and everything KF. It's certainly got nothing to do with logical thinking.

Why are you posting at this late hour. Nobody in their right mind is up at 3am on a Hawkeye message board.

13-year-old dog who used to be able to hop up on the foot of our bed at around 2:30 or 3 every morning can't get up on new taller springs/mattress that arrived last week, so she's taken to woofing to get our (read my) attention so I'll lift her up. Occasionally have a hard time getting back to sleep after that, and this morning was one of them. So far she hasn't picked up how to use the $47 pet steps we got from PetSmart; guess it's true you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

So you started the rumor, and then you later Debunked the rumor?

Way to jump the gun.

Wrong. I posted a someone else's comments. This person is from the same area of NY as Canzeri's family, said to multiple people he lives on the same street and has known the family for 15 years. Figured he may have heard something. There was more to it than what I posted here.

I questioned this, hence the question marks. I was the messenger. Had I actually said "Jordan Canzeri IS transferring" then you'd have a point that I started a rumor. However, that wasn't what was said and it wasn't me so you are incorrect. Blame the initial tweeter.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ man, do you seriously not watch games? Iowa doesn't throw other players into the mix? They had six different rushers, and 10 different receivers catch a pass(and more that were targeted). If anything, they play too many damn players in an offense where half the time, no one knows what's going on.

Jesus Christ man, do you seriously not watch games? Iowa doesn't throw other players into the mix? They had six different rushers, and 10 different receivers catch a pass(and more that were targeted). If anything, they play too many damn players in an offense where half the time, no one knows what's going on.

The blindness is to the point it's becoming comical.... I think people have become so used to Ferentz doing certain things that they don't even notice when changes are actually taking place right in front of them.

The offense needs to take more chances! In two games this offense has certainly shown they are willing to take chances multiple different times.

Kirk needs to share the RB carries! They've been rotating the RB's since the season began.

We need to get pressure on the QB! The Hawkeye defense has been blitzing more than I can ever remember in KF's tenure.

They need to open up the offense! We've seen them go no-huddle, throw the ball down the field, and find ways to get multiple athletes on the field at the same time.

Now the results haven't been what people would like, but no one can logically claim this is the same old Kirk led Iowa football team. If you take off the blinders and watch the actual game it's pretty clear they are trying to do things differently. I'm not sure people will fully realize that until it has a major impact on the outcome of a game.

How many snaps did a QB with a name other than Vandenberg take last year? Nearly the same as the number of snaps taken by any QB with a name other than Rudock has taken so far this year. When one running back handles more than 54+ percent of the carries, another has about a sixth of them and a scrambling quarterback takes up another sixth or so, can you honestly claim the other RBs were "tossed into the mix"?

Wrong. I posted a someone else's comments. This person is from the same area of NY as Canzeri's family, said to multiple people he lives on the same street and has known the family for 15 years. Figured he may have heard something. There was more to it than what I posted here.

I questioned this, hence the question marks. I was the messenger. Had I actually said "Jordan Canzeri IS transferring" then you'd have a point that I started a rumor. However, that wasn't what was said and it wasn't me so you are incorrect. Blame the initial tweeter.

Why post it if you have no clue at all if it is true? I hear lots of things about the team, and players, etc., but I don't run and post it here. Seems rather stupid if you don't even know if it is true. For instance I heard right after the season that Wilson and Soup were gone. I didn't start a thread about it.

Don't take away any of Weisman's carries. He is just to productive. I can see him being all American. MS was running all kinds of loaded boxes and run blitzes at him and he still gashed them.

I would like to see them in the game at the same time more often getting Canzari out in space as a spot back. This would put a lot of pressure on the opposing D.

Why post it if you have no clue at all if it is true? I hear lots of things about the team, and players, etc., but I don't run and post it here. Seems rather stupid if you don't even know if it is true. For instance I heard right after the season that Wilson and Soup were gone. I didn't start a thread about it.

I don't disagree with you. There have been times when I hear a lot of things and don't post either. However, I know the CR Gazette guys that cover Iowa had mentioned on a podcast a few weeks back regarding a question about RB transfers and they said pretty sure of one. Well, when this person contacted me and some others that were having a conversation on Twitter and continued to back up his information I thought I'd mention it.

How many snaps did a QB with a name other than Vandenberg take last year? Nearly the same as the number of snaps taken by any QB with a name other than Rudock has taken so far this year. When one running back handles more than 54+ percent of the carries, another has about a sixth of them and a scrambling quarterback takes up another sixth or so, can you honestly claim the other RBs were "tossed into the mix"?

Yes, all the other RB's were tossed into the mix. Bullock, Canzeri and Daniels all carried the ball multiple times in the first half, when the game was still in doubt for meaningful time. So what if Weisman had 30 of the carries? He's been the most-effective RB so far, the others were also effective. That's how it's supposed to work.

What good does it do to talk about Vandenberg taking all the snaps last year? Is the opinion that Beathard is supposed to play just because? I'm all for playing multiple QB's if he and Rudock were close, or if Beathard brings a dramatically different skill set to the game than does Rudock.

But I'm not sure a person can say that Iowa isn't playing lots of guys (especially on offense). In two games, WR's to play extensively include Martin-Manley, Cotton, Shumpert, Hilyer, Vandeberg, Powell, T. Smith, McCarron (I might be forgetting someone). TE's to play are CJ Fed, Hamilton, Duzey, Kittle and Krieger-Coble. RB's are Weisman, Bullock, Canzeri, Daniels. The OL has played 6 guys a lot (Donnal plays about the same number of snaps as do Bofelli and Walsh. I would guess that the number of wideouts seeing extensive time might decrease as we get into the season and guys start outperforming other guys.

Iowa still has issues on offense (lack of speed and a play-caller who doesn't have a great feel) but it's not for lack of guys getting opportunities.

Are you ******* serious? Both of Iowa's first two games were at least relatively close. That's not the time to get Beathard reps just for the sake of it, especially when Rudock is playing well. Weisman got the bulk of the carries on Saturday because we needed him to. Bullock got a decent amount of carries, and Daniels is going to keep becoming a bigger part of the gameplan, IMO.

You don't "mix guys in" just for the sake of it. You do it when it's beneficial to do so. This week, we needed to stick with what was working.

I don't understand why Ferentz decided to burn Daniels red shirt. There were 3 solid rbs ahead of him with 2 others capable of playing in case of AIRBHG making an appearance. I don't think you burn freshmen redshirts if they are 3rd or lower on the depth chart. Because of that single decision it really squeezes whatever role Canzeri has. I think Canzeri has some serious ability and sitting him to play a true freshmen with a similar style to Weisman just doesn't make sense. If you split Daniels touches with the other 2 both of them have a better chance of breaking one. Canzeri has the game breaking ability none of the others have. Weisman has a tough time getting a 30 yard run out of what should have been a 60 yard td. He's just so slow and not elusive.

The reason Daniels is playing is that he's good and that Iowa will need him/use him as the year goes on. Weisman didn't make it through the whole season last year unscathed, and odds will tell you he might miss some time again this year. Daniels handled his first playing time well this week, I would expect he will continue to get more time if he continues to play well.

Bullock and Canzeri give Iowa more big-play ability than does Weisman. No doubt about it. But Weisman has a feel for the running game and he has produced. For his career now (he's played in 12 games) Weisman is averaging 5.4 ypc. My hope is they will keep playing all the RB's and we will get some bigger plays from some of the faster running backs.

Are you ******* serious? Both of Iowa's first two games were at least relatively close. That's not the time to get Beathard reps just for the sake of it, especially when Rudock is playing well. Weisman got the bulk of the carries on Saturday because we needed him to. Bullock got a decent amount of carries, and Daniels is going to keep becoming a bigger part of the gameplan, IMO.

You don't "mix guys in" just for the sake of it. You do it when it's beneficial to do so. This week, we needed to stick with what was working.

Ferentz is making the same fatal mistake he made last year, even when some games were out of reach. You don't think Jake or any of the other returning QBs wouldn't at least have had a leg up had they had some actual playing experience last year? That they wouldn't have had an idea what to expect and wouldn't panic in the pocket or make bad reads? I'll go out on a pretty firm limb here and suggest that a QB with even a minimum of experience would have won this year's opener and may have given Kirk-Davis the cushion to insert someone else late in Saturday's game. This game is not played in a vacuum, ladies and gentlemen. Ferentz is getting further and further behind the 8 ball...

The reason Daniels is playing is that he's good and that Iowa will need him/use him as the year goes on. Weisman didn't make it through the whole season last year unscathed, and odds will tell you he might miss some time again this year. Daniels handled his first playing time well this week, I would expect he will continue to get more time if he continues to play well.

Bullock and Canzeri give Iowa more big-play ability than does Weisman. No doubt about it. But Weisman has a feel for the running game and he has produced. For his career now (he's played in 12 games) Weisman is averaging 5.4 ypc. My hope is they will keep playing all the RB's and we will get some bigger plays from some of the faster running backs.

Indeed. Mossad pounds the sh!t out of the defense. But that hitting doesn't come for free. That kind of hitting is like being involved in a couple dozen car accidents in the span of 3 hours. It adds up, and regardless of how brutish Mossad might be, he's going to wear down over time. It's physiology. The abusive way he runs ought to be limited to 20 carries on the high end if Kurt harbors any intention of that kid playing through the season productively.

Latest posts