can't wait until next years class comes in

I thought about counting... then I clicked the link. Still a nice honor and great to see all 4 current signees nominated.

Watching Jok move laterally I still wonder how much he has recovered from his knee injury. I agree, his D has improved but its still not where it could/should be.

Its been 4 years, he's not getting any more recovered. His athleticism is what it's going to be.

I really like the guys coming in. Fleming is a shooter in the same mold as Gatens. Hutton is arguably the most athletic wing Fran has signed and is thought of as one of the best defenders in his class. Moss is a sneaky athletic wing that kinda reminds me of a shorter version of Devyn Marble offensive wise. Wagner is a tougher one to judge but I'd say he's a shorter athletic 4 that plays with a high motor.

While it's not a highly rated class, it has some nice pieces. Still no sure fire program changer type though and I think that's what people have been getting antsy for... We'll see what Fran does with that last scholarship here in a few months. It would be nice if he could find a solid front court JUCO or 5th year transfer that can play both the 4 and the 5 spot. Fran can definitely sell potential playing time with White and Olaseni graduating.

I wouldn't call Moss sneaky athletic, he looks allot quicker and more athletic than Marble from what I've seen.

I wouldn't call Moss sneaky athletic, he looks allot quicker and more athletic than Marble from what I've seen.

You may be right, it's difficult to gauge with limited tape on him. What I meant by sneaky athletic was that he appears to have a craftiness to create without the need for elite athleticism.

Its been 4 years, he's not getting any more recovered. His athleticism is what it's going to be.

He's done recovering but while everyone else was improving lateral quickness in high school, he couldn't. It's possible he can still improve a lot where as most people his age are closer to their ceiling by now. I'm not sure if that's true or not but it makes sense to me.

Trey isn't good. Plain and simple.

The only reason we know who he is is because his twitter blew up from fav/retweet hungry college and high school kids wanting an athlete to recognize them.
Dickerson was a JUCO All-America. He's got talent but that talent needs tempering. I'm not sure why we haven't heard about him since 2014. My present theory is that we are seeing the fallout from Fran getting burnt by having a 10-11 man rotation last year. TD is the odd man out because he doesn't yet have the consistency to beat out the experience of the other guards.

Looking at next year, there appears to be a 7-man rotation of Woody, Uthoff, Jok, Clemmons, Gesell, Uhl, and Dickerson that will take the bulk of the minutes. I expect 1-2 newcomers to break into that rotation. This class brings new athleticism and Chicago connections but they aren't saviors. Next year's team will need more guard production and quickness, which is why I feel TD will have a good chance to make an impact.

Latest posts