can't wait until next years class comes in

I know it's popular to say Jok is a liability on defense but that's no longer true IMO. He's not a lock down defender but he's adequate and light years ahead of last season. The flashes make me very optimistic. Jok is only a sophomore and didn't play much last year. I think he's been trending upward and I hope it continues.

Great point Windsor!! Jok has really improved his D. It really stuck out to me in the Nebraska game when he was matched up on Pettaway.

Great point Windsor!! Jok has really improved his D. It really stuck out to me in the Nebraska game when he was matched up on Pettaway.

If Dickerson stays around for next year, he will have developed his game and experience to play in the Iowa system. The incoming recruits don't look like they need the weight work of a typical incoming freshman. Hutton, Fleming, and Wagner look like they are physically ready for college basketball. I think Moss probably could use some weight work. Uhl will be a lot stronger and experienced next year. It depends on how fast they can adapt to the Iowa system. Personally, I think they are going to be a lot better than what people think. I like Gesell and Clemmons, but they aren't guys that are going to shake fear in the other team. It will be interesting to see who Iowa recruits this spring. The guys coming in seem like they all have high ceilings. Dickerson doesn't have the history of hanging around a program very long if it doesn't seem to be working out for him so it will be interesting to see if he is back. I can't see anyone defecting except for possibly Dickerson or Clemmons. Iowa should be fun to watch with added athleticism; they seem pretty predictable except of Olesani, and Olesani has high athletic ability.

If Dickerson stays around for next year, he will have developed his game and experience to play in the Iowa system. The incoming recruits don't look like they need the weight work of a typical incoming freshman. Hutton, Fleming, and Wagner look like they are physically ready for college basketball. I think Moss probably could use some weight work. Uhl will be a lot stronger and experienced next year. It depends on how fast they can adapt to the Iowa system. Personally, I think they are going to be a lot better than what people think. I like Gesell and Clemmons, but they aren't guys that are going to shake fear in the other team. It will be interesting to see who Iowa recruits this spring. The guys coming in seem like they all have high ceilings. Dickerson doesn't have the history of hanging around a program very long if it doesn't seem to be working out for him so it will be interesting to see if he is back. I can't see anyone defecting except for possibly Dickerson or Clemmons. Iowa should be fun to watch with added athleticism; they seem pretty predictable except of Olesani, and Olesani has high athletic ability.

Uhl doesn't do much on the offensive end right now but his fundamentals look sound to me. I hardly notice when he's out there...which is a good thing. He doesn't look intimidated (half the battle in the B1G) and isn't constantly turning the ball over on offense or getting burned on defense. I think he is going to be a very pleasant surprise next year...and we will probably see glimpses before this season is over.

I know it's popular to say Jok is a liability on defense but that's no longer true IMO. He's not a lock down defender but he's adequate and light years ahead of last season. The flashes make me very optimistic. Jok is only a sophomore and didn't play much last year. I think he's been trending upward and I hope it continues.

Not only has his defense improved from last year. It's improved from early in this year. I think he always had the ability and it was just about turning the light on. His quick burst he shows has gotten him a few steals that most guys on our team aren't athletic enough to make. That gives me hope that his ceiling is still really high.

Not only has his defense improved from last year. It's improved from early in this year. I think he always had the ability and it was just about turning the light on. His quick burst he shows has gotten him a few steals that most guys on our team aren't athletic enough to make. That gives me hope that his ceiling is still really high.

Totally agree...and it's one of the reasons I'm not worried about next year. I think Jok and Uhl will both be consistent all around players for Iowa next year.

I feel like Dickerson basically played the entire staff. I think his major attraction was his connection to Atwood which in the end turned out to be way overblown and he parlayed that in to an Iowa offer.

Really? Thats a bit of a reach... He was a good player last yr in juco land. And if the coaching staff is really willing to give out a scholly as a throw away just to hopefully get his buddy along with him what's that say about the staffs recruiting strategy? Needless to say I would put my mortgage up that your wrong.... Not that it matters there is no chance of getting anything like that confirmed by anyone.

I really like the guys coming in. Fleming is a shooter in the same mold as Gatens. Hutton is arguably the most athletic wing Fran has signed and is thought of as one of the best defenders in his class. Moss is a sneaky athletic wing that kinda reminds me of a shorter version of Devyn Marble offensive wise. Wagner is a tougher one to judge but I'd say he's a shorter athletic 4 that plays with a high motor.

While it's not a highly rated class, it has some nice pieces. Still no sure fire program changer type though and I think that's what people have been getting antsy for... We'll see what Fran does with that last scholarship here in a few months. It would be nice if he could find a solid front court JUCO or 5th year transfer that can play both the 4 and the 5 spot. Fran can definitely sell potential playing time with White and Olaseni graduating.

Watching Jok move laterally I still wonder how much he has recovered from his knee injury. I agree, his D has improved but its still not where it could/should be.

Dickerson was a fallback to a fallback. We didn't offer him when we missed on Ulis, we offered him when we missed on LaChance our real Ulis fallback recruit. Oh yeah and BTW for those who think it doesn't matter if you get your top line recruits, that Fran can just find "diamonds", look at these stats:

Ulis 20 MPG on a LOADED Kentucky team with a 4 to 1 assist to TO ratio
LaChance 32 MPG 13.1 PPG 49% FG% 42% 3pt%

When you can't get your first or second choices, you don't win game with your 3rd choice.....

Many have said Ulis might be the best player on the court. That is saying a lot since the second team would be ranked in the top 25.

Next year looks to be even uglier. I cant see any of the 4 recruits coming in and being a difference maker. these arent Kentucky type kids. Lose white and Olesani. I dont think we are a tournament team this year and I dont see much hope of us being one next. If this current team fades and doesnt make the tournament I think next year is likely the last For Fran

No way Barta fires our basketball coach and football coach in the same year! :)

It's good that some are getting down on them before they get here. This will help get them ready for the negative onslaught when they actually start playing for Iowa and miss a shot, get 3 minutes of someone else's playing time, etc.

Fran signed all four guys in the fall so they must be guys he really wants. There will be a lot of excitement among the fans when the prime time league starts this year to see these guys in action.

Andrew Flemming out of Virginia. All four Hawk recruits on the watch list.....I was already excited about the class. Maybe several others on here will be after this as well.

Latest posts