can't wait until next years class comes in

This team has no quickness. We need Moss, Hutton, Wagner and Fleming's athleticism.

A 6 foot 5 guy who can guard and shoot? I will believe it when i see it. The real issue as always is NO POINT GUARD! Why do you recruit Dickerson w such an obvious need and then he doesn't play? Can we not judge talent? apparently not?

Really sucks losing to Gabe. Feel like he can play like he did tonight more often. Second half the defense was better, but we were doing a much worst job of providing entry passes. You know what though, I'm glad to see Oglesby leave. Ending this game on an wide open air ball was pitiful.

Sucks seeing many iowa players that seemed to have great potential just not really live up to it. Jok makes some amazing shots in flashes but then its back to clank city. Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for him being a liability on defense.

Next year we will be 16-2 in Big 10 with that top notch recruiting class. And just think of all the development that the staff will do too. Woodbury and Gesell might average double figures in there senior years!!!

Next year looks to be even uglier. I cant see any of the 4 recruits coming in and being a difference maker. these arent Kentucky type kids. Lose white and Olesani. I dont think we are a tournament team this year and I dont see much hope of us being one next. If this current team fades and doesnt make the tournament I think next year is likely the last For Fran

Next year we will be 16-2 in Big 10 with that top notch recruiting class. And just think of all the development that the staff will do too. Woodbury and Gesell might average double figures in there senior years!!!

Sarcasm i believe. if not, put away the crack pipe.

Next year looks to be even uglier. I cant see any of the 4 recruits coming in and being a difference maker. these arent Kentucky type kids. Lose white and Olesani. I dont think we are a tournament team this year and I dont see much hope of us being one next. If this current team fades and doesnt make the tournament I think next year is likely the last For Fran
HA! This is funny. You think Barta is gonna do anything? Look at the football team!

Fran's days are numbered. He doesn't have the huge buy out that Kirk has so its easy to let his contract run out and wish him well in all his future endeavors.

A 6 foot 5 guy who can guard and shoot? I will believe it when i see it. The real issue as always is NO POINT GUARD! Why do you recruit Dickerson w such an obvious need and then he doesn't play? Can we not judge talent? apparently not?

Dickerson was rated as the number one available juco point guard when we recruited him, so it wasn't just our coaches that saw potential in him. Bottom line is he simply isn't ready for the floor. Plays out of control much of the time and would simply not look good in conference play right now. Expect him to contribute once he gets things figured out and/or we have the right opportunity....

Dickerson was rated as the number one available juco point guard when we recruited him, so it wasn't just our coaches that saw potential in him. Bottom line is he simply isn't ready for the floor. Plays out of control much of the time and would simply not look good in conference play right now. Expect him to contribute once he gets things figured out and/or we have the right opportunity....

Dickerson was a fallback to a fallback. We didn't offer him when we missed on Ulis, we offered him when we missed on LaChance our real Ulis fallback recruit. Oh yeah and BTW for those who think it doesn't matter if you get your top line recruits, that Fran can just find "diamonds", look at these stats:

Ulis 20 MPG on a LOADED Kentucky team with a 4 to 1 assist to TO ratio
LaChance 32 MPG 13.1 PPG 49% FG% 42% 3pt%

When you can't get your first or second choices, you don't win game with your 3rd choice.....

Dickerson was a fallback to a fallback. We didn't offer him when we missed on Ulis, we offered him when we missed on LaChance our real Ulis fallback recruit. Oh yeah and BTW for those who think it doesn't matter if you get your top line recruits, that Fran can just find "diamonds", look at these stats:

Ulis 20 MPG on a LOADED Kentucky team with a 4 to 1 assist to TO ratio
LaChance 32 MPG 13.1 PPG 49% FG% 42% 3pt%

When you can't get your first or second choices, you don't win game with your 3rd choice.....

Huh???? Who is saying this other than Cyclone trolls??

Regardless of this class (three small forwards and one shooting guard), Iowa is still going to have needs at PG, and in the paint. Maybe even more so in 2016-17 when Woody, Gesell and Clemmons are all gone.

I really hope Fran can find a point guard AND a power forward/center that he can plug in and play next year - either via transfer or JUCO. We're going to need them. Not sure how many scholarships are available for next year, though.

Last edited:
I've heard from fans/media all summer Dickerson was going to start or be significant. What happened with him? Just not reliable on defense?

Trey isn't good. Plain and simple.

The only reason we know who he is is because his twitter blew up from fav/retweet hungry college and high school kids wanting an athlete to recognize them.

This team has no quickness. We need Moss, Hutton, Wagner and Fleming's athleticism.

They will be quicker, faster, with better hops and better athletes in general. But will they be better basketball players?

Alas Dickerson is the most athletic guard we have and yet he doesn't even see the court.

Jok makes some amazing shots in flashes but then its back to clank city. Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for him being a liability on defense.

I know it's popular to say Jok is a liability on defense but that's no longer true IMO. He's not a lock down defender but he's adequate and light years ahead of last season. The flashes make me very optimistic. Jok is only a sophomore and didn't play much last year. I think he's been trending upward and I hope it continues.

I've heard from fans/media all summer Dickerson was going to start or be significant. What happened with him? Just not reliable on defense?

I feel like Dickerson basically played the entire staff. I think his major attraction was his connection to Atwood which in the end turned out to be way overblown and he parlayed that in to an Iowa offer.

Trey isn't good. Plain and simple.

The only reason we know who he is is because his twitter blew up from fav/retweet hungry college and high school kids wanting an athlete to recognize them.

Jok wasn't good at this time last year either...but now he's much better. Dickerson shouldn't be playing right now but that doesn't mean he won't ever be good. You can't coach quick and fast but you can coach discipline...if the player will listen.

Latest posts