can't overlook illinois

mrolympia

classic trap game right there. Lose to them and this win gets cancelled out. Hopefully Smith and Mitchell are ready to go next week. Passing game was brutal and Canzeri can't average 25+ touches per game the rest of the season with his frame.

Yeah, classic sandwich game right here, between two road games against ranked opponents. Gotta come ready each and every week.

Fans may overlook them.....coaches and players won't.

I won't overlook them. But let us not forget, these guys got totally rolled by UNC and needed a series of miracles to beat Middle Tennessee. They are barely a middling MAC program. Nebraska is awful, it ain't that Illinois is good. And that coach at Nebraska was described today as Zookian.

Also can' t overlook Purdue (played Sparty tough), Illinois (beat Huskers), Minnie (Good defense), Indiana (Had Nat. Champs on the ropes), Northwestern (undefeated), Nebby, Maryland, and the rest.

Ole Miss got a huge win in Tuscaloosa, sleepwalk through Vandy and just got crushed by the Gaytors.
B1G feels like lots of parity, except Maryland and maybe, Rutgers.

Excellent posts. We got it. Our players know that they can win - if its a team effort.!! I have not heard one of our players say Me Me Me or I I I....each interview is about " the team" and my job is to DO MY JOB for the team. We are not loaded with high school all- Americans, but we "team-up" against our opponents. One game at a time. Go Team!

I re-watched the game after taping it and man oh man did we team tackle yesterday. We may not be sexy, but we play hard, tough, and team defense. Offense, still working also, especially O line and J Canzeri. That guy is amazing me.

Illinois had a better d than I thought and their passing attack could give us issues. But tommy Armstrong played poorly yesterday. Nebby made many dumb mistakes.

Also can' t overlook Purdue (played Sparty tough), Illinois (beat Huskers), Minnie (Good defense), Indiana (Had Nat. Champs on the ropes), Northwestern (undefeated), Nebby, Maryland, and the rest.

Big Ten is murderer's row ! Brutal ! SEC's got nothing on us.

I watched Nebby / Illinois. Huskers appeared to be the better team and had the better of it about all day...except for the last minute. They are not a very good team at this point, but imo Illinois is worse. Nebraska is bad +...Illinois is just bad. If Iowa plays our normal game and takes care of the ball, we should win this game by 14+ points. Seemed to me watching that game that we can do about whatever we want on offense, and shut Illinois about totally down on defense. We should dominate the line of scrimmage on BOTH sides of the ball, and will equal a fairly comfortable afternoon next Saturday. No overlooking, just my observations and opinion.

Latest posts