Cancel the Series

Fran would be a moron to continue this series. I don't care how much it helps UNI.

Yea if you can't beat them just quit, that will show them. Give me a break, how about trying to put a team on the floor that's a true Big 10 team that can beat the MVC teams every single time you play them.

Yes you do its called winning and good coaching. UNI is very well coached. Jacobson is the best Coach in the state by far. He takes lesser individual talent and beats more talented Iowa and ISU teams.

Cancel the series? Are you kidding me? We need to wake up, get a real team and kick their ***es 70-42 like we used to! Playing all 4 teams is good for the state, and always will be as far as i am concerned. We frankly suck right now and it is hard to see out of the hole. At least with basketball it really on takes 2 stud players and all of a sudden you have a reasonable team. Those 2 players are not on this year's roster, however. Unless Fran can recruit some quickness, we will continue to see this crap. Frankly, i am disappointed he hasn't been able to bring some quicker players here thus far. :(

Many ISU fans were saying the same thing after losing to Drake. The bottom line is that B10 and B12 schools need to get to the point where they can p*ss pound Drake/UNI on a regular basis, even if the refs are a little generous to the Missouri Valley.

It says a lot about our programs frankly. ISU has lost 5 of the last 6 to UNI. ISU has lost several times to Drake in the past 6 years as well.

But I don't want to cancel the series, I want to elevate our program to the point were the game is a laugher in the 2nd half.

Yea if you can't beat them just quit, that will show them. Give me a break, how about trying to put a team on the floor that's a true Big 10 team that can beat the MVC teams every single time you play them.

Going to Cedar Falls is always 5 vs 8, so the odds of winning are substantially less.

Bringing that kind of officiating into a game where the schools supposedly get along, just to get a win, is despicable. That was the worst and most biased officiating in UNI's favor that I have seen in years. I'd be embarassed if I was Jacobsen. The bias shown was obscene.

This message board makes me embarrassed to be a Hawk fan sometimes.

Did you watch the game? Because it's hard to believe anyone who watched it wouldnt be really angry about what those officials did.

I don't know that I've seen anything like that before... it was unbelievable.

I'd be fine who canceling it - who cares about that game

If were going to go up to that dome and have that happen then that is a complete waste of time.

Good you should be when your head coach acts like a child.
Dear UNI game officials, My name is Fran Mccaffrey and just wanted to let you know that it's ok to rearend my players and my team tonite. I won't say anything to you or complain about your officiating. I won't stand up for my players that are gonna play hard and keep us in the game even if you're rearending them and calling an obvious one sided game, cuz i really don't care about my kids and am not compelled in any way to fight for them to get a fair chance cuz I don't wanna come off as childish or do anything to upset a few dumbazz so called Hawk fans. Sincerely, FM

Dear UNI game officials, My name is Fran Mccaffrey and just wanted to let you know that it's ok to rearend my players and my team tonite. I won't say anything to you or complain about your officiating. I won't stand up for my players that are gonna play hard and keep us in the game even if you're rearending them and calling an obvious one sided game, cuz i really don't care about my kids and am not compelled in any way to fight for them to get a fair chance cuz I don't wanna come off as childish or do anything to upset a few dumbazz so called Hawk fans. Sincerely, FM

Substitute Todd Lickliter in place of Fran McCaffrey, and this statement is exactly what we used to have! This game is truly one you had to have seen, in a normal circumstance I would have been upset with Fran for losing his composure, but having actually watched this, I am surprised he kept as calm as he did.

Did you watch the game? Because it's hard to believe anyone who watched it wouldnt be really angry about what those officials did.

If were going to go up to that dome and have that happen then that is a complete waste of time.

How closely were you watching? UNI doesn't play in the Dome.

I did. I'm just old enough to be rational about things and not want to just run away every time something goes wrong. Losing to UNI at UNI is not a bad loss this year or pretty much any time for the last decade. We play an incredibly soft non conference schedule. It's not a bad thing to have some tough games on there.

Don't cancel it. Man up and beat them.

Iowa has been beaten by UNI more than they have been beaten by the refs. Tonight was brutal but as of late Iowa has not been the better team.

Latest posts