Can we win at the Breslin Center official game thread.

Northside would rattle the answer off right off the top of his head, but he just bolted
Don't recall a win like this.

We had a blowout up there when Uthoff was a senior, and some double digit wins at Jenison in the Roy Eddie BJ years.

Hell we've only had four or five wins of any margin in the Breslin, and that place has been around for over 30 years.

Last edited:
"Back in 1947 Indiana came into East Lansing and beat them by 44. Joe Blow went off for 38 that game. There was a terrible blizzard that night. I remember because it made me late to the game and I didn't get to my seat until 16:23 left in the half and the score was already 13-4 indiana". That sound about right?
Couldn't have said it better myself.

As focused as I remember them in quite some time.....even with large leads through most of the game. Good D and very few lapses of energy. I think the young ones are showing some of the older ones what energy and D should be.

Reminding myself this is not a good team we played today.......but still enjoyed it. Unusual to not see some MSU hulks out there occupying space.
Toussaint and Perkins both made defensive plays midway through the first half that stick out in my mind. Toussaint took option one away and forced the pass to go into a trap. Perkins channeled his inner Rodell Davis and challenged a baseline drive that most of our guards would have given up on.

Can't wait to see Perkins flourish. When was the last time we had an athletic 6'4 pit bull with a nasty streak? I said over the summer that you may have to go back to Eric May at the very least.

Toussaint and Perkins both made defensive plays midway through the first half that stick out in my mind. Toussaint took option one away and forced the pass to go into a trap. Perkins channeled his inner Rodell Davis and challenged a baseline drive that most of our guards would have given up on.

Can't wait to see Perkins flourish. When was the last time we had an athletic 6'4 pit bull with a nasty streak? I said over the summer that you may have to go back to Eric May at the very least.
Perkins also showed some flash on O with the behind the back dribble into the lane to escape his defender and onto to the basket.......got fouled and shot a couple free throws. Always hard to project some of these younger guys when you only see them for limited playing time but good start for him so far. Pitbull seems like a good tag.

So....Rocky Watts never came out after halftime and the reason given was health and safety protocols. Sweet.
That is a concern especially with the history MSU has had this season with the virus. Heard a bit of Izzo's post game and he said Watts was tested prior to the game (whenever that would be?) but that he did get more ill by half time. Said he would be tested again today and might know more tomorrow. Said it could be the flu but who knows.

Latest posts