Can we please stop talking about Wiscy as one of the great environments...

BSpringsteen

I probably wouldn't mind Wisconsin if it wasn't for the proverbial hard on that everyone has for their "environment."

The tailgating all takes place in sports bars, and the stadium is quiet unless the student section decides to stop paying attention to the rock concert and start paying attention to the game.

I'm not saying that it is a bad environment or not a cool stadium, but I don't think it is any better than Michigan State and certainly not better than Iowa.

They have sounded asleep since kick off. Granted, UNLV is not a good team so it's hard to get fired up against them and it is a Thursday but come on. It's the first game of the year.

I've been to camp randall many times. mad town is as fun a town as you will find anywhere and the game environment takes a backseat to nobody, that includes Iowa.

It's not just this game, it is seemingly every game, including the last two Iowa games I've been to at CRS.

Kinda the opposite of I-State, Wisky fans don't make in till after half time and the clowns leave before halftime

People make fun because we scheduled Tennessee Tech. I would rather face them then UNLV. UNLV is traditionally weak against the run, and is in perpetual rebuilding mode (retuning 6 starters...total). Wisconsin does what really well? Run the ball. No surprise they pick up a team that cant defend it. TTU, though a I-AA school, they are at least a veteran team that runs a spread offense, something we were hurt with last year. Fact is, were going to be facing 3 spread attacks before the start of the Conference season (TTU, PITT, UL-Monroe). Now thats good planning. Instead of crushing those who cant stop you, crush those you have trouble stopping. Makes for a better team.

People make fun because we scheduled Tennessee Tech. I would rather face them then UNLV. UNLV is traditionally weak against the run, and is in perpetual rebuilding mode (retuning 6 starters...total). Wisconsin does what really well? Run the ball. No surprise they pick up a team that cant defend it. TTU, though a I-AA school, they are at least a veteran team that runs a spread offense, something we were hurt with last year. Fact is, were going to be facing 3 spread attacks before the start of the Conference season (TTU, PITT, UL-Monroe). Now thats good planning. Instead of crushing those who cant stop you, crush those you have trouble stopping. Makes for a better team.

When scheduled though, Pitt wasn't a spread team. Just lucky how it worked out that way.

I've been to camp randall many times. mad town is as fun a town as you will find anywhere and the game environment takes a backseat to nobody, that includes Iowa.

why do you have to express your honest opinion?

Isn't what ISU runs a spread attack?

From my experience, Wisconsin fans are really loud during timeouts and in between quarters, but they all sit down quietly the rest of the game. Soooo pretty much the opposite of Kinnick.

Isn't what ISU runs a spread attack?

Nothing ISU runs can be considered an "attack".

When scheduled though, Pitt wasn't a spread team. Just lucky how it worked out that way.

Your right, Pitt's new offense is just a bonus for our D to try. Not sure if it can considered a true spread, but more like a Hurry-up on steroids. It will be interesting to see how our D responds. Supposedly, Coach Parker has been working on different defensive schemes to use against these gimmick offenses. I just hope we execute.

+1
Madison puts every other venue I've been to (all but PSU) to shame.....bar none.

+1
Madison puts every other venue I've been to (all but PSU) to shame.....bar none.

Then maybe you and Duff should go move there and you should make your daughter enroll at UW. :confused:

Madison is great. IC just as good. MSU?! Worst environment in the BT.

worse than Evanstan and chumpaign-turdbana?? (serious question...I've never been to E Lansing)
purple kitties and illannoy are pretty sh!tty "environments" (crap stadium, bitter and/or disinterested "fans", ugly campus)

I probably wouldn't mind Wisconsin if it wasn't for the proverbial hard on that everyone has for their "environment."

The tailgating all takes place in sports bars, and the stadium is quiet unless the student section decides to stop paying attention to the rock concert and start paying attention to the game.

I'm not saying that it is a bad environment or not a cool stadium, but I don't think it is any better than Michigan State and certainly not better than Iowa.

FWIW, I have never heard of anyone hyping up the environment at Wisconsin. The reason they don't applaud much is because their holding nachos and that's a two hand snack.

Still....

haters-gonna-hate.gif%3Fw%3D480%26h%3D326

well, we will just add this to the already long list of things you know jack **** about.

I have been to Camp Randall twice (09 and 05). I was SEVERELY unimpressed by the atmosphere both times. Definitely a cool stadium, great band, and Jump Around is awesome, but everything else is severely lacking.

The pre and post-game tailgating just flat out SUCKS.

Latest posts