Can we please stop talking about Wiscy as one of the great environments...

I have been there 2 times. It is severely overrated. Maybe b/c we won both times!! Madison is a good town, but I don't think its any more fun than IC and/or Kinnick. How drunk can you get?

I probably wouldn't mind Wisconsin if it wasn't for the proverbial hard on that everyone has for their "environment."

The tailgating all takes place in sports bars, and the stadium is quiet unless the student section decides to stop paying attention to the rock concert and start paying attention to the game.

I'm not saying that it is a bad environment or not a cool stadium, but I don't think it is any better than Michigan State and certainly not better than Iowa.

Sorry, I can't help you out here. I've been several times, and I always tell people it's a fantastic environment.

go away; you add nothing to this board

False. I have a million of these. Madison is cool. Suck it.

9572%20-%20animated_gif%20baby%20haters_gonna_hate%20lolwut.gif

Best = Madison (overall)
Worst = Indiana (zippo enirovnment)

MSU was sterile. Not much around the stadium. Stadium was nothing special.
Purdue had some atmosphere, not great. Stadium was old when I was there.
NU is dead, but stadium is cooler than Indiana's.
Minnesota was pretty decent. Great stadium.
scUM rocked, not as hard as Madison. Quieter than I thought it would be.
Illinois was OK believe it or not, not great. Student section was great.
Iowa is very very good overall. Loudest I've been to other than OSU.
Haven't tailgated/partied at PSU (going this year) or Nebraska.
OSU is a great environment, probably on par with Madison.

Last edited:
Nothing will ever be as good as IC for biased reasons, but Madison is a pretty good time no matter how you slice it.

Best = Madison (overall)
Worst = Indiana (zippo enirovnment)

MSU was sterile. Not much around the stadium. Stadium was nothing special.
Purdue had some atmosphere, not great. Stadium was old when I was there.
NU is dead, but stadium is cooler than Indiana's.
Minnesota was pretty decent. Great stadium.
scUM rocked, not as hard as Madison. Quieter than I thought it would be.
Illinois was OK believe it or not, not great. Student section was great.
Iowa is very very good overall. Loudest I've been to other than OSU.
Haven't tailgated/partied at PSU (going this year) or Nebraska.
OSU is a great environment, probably on par with Madison.

Seff, you're a good ol' boy, a real Hampton OG, but...this is WAY off.
What the heck were you snorting when you visited these various towns/stadiums?? :cool:

Look proles, I know you'll find this hard to believe, but your argument about tailgating is irrelevant. You make your own environment. I have had a good time tailgating pretty much everywhere I have gone - just meet up with some buddies, start crushing brews and fire up some grub. Coed eye candy is nice, but you're only going to get anything decent for the first few weeks because once it gets chilly, the goods get covered. The only things the host stadium needs to provide are (a) cool cops, (b) porta johns and (c) a parking spot. The rest is what you make of it. Therefore, talk of "oh, X is such a great atmosphere" or whatever is ridiculous, if you give two $hit$ about the "atmosphere" for more than 10 minutes after getting to your tailgate, you are doing it wrong and you are a failure at life.

Look proles, I know you'll find this hard to believe, but your argument about tailgating is irrelevant. You make your own environment. I have had a good time tailgating pretty much everywhere I have gone - just meet up with some buddies, start crushing brews and fire up some grub.

Has the Japanese influence of life with Ma now dictate that your tailgate always include this?

Natto is a Japanese dish of slimy, fermented soybeans. It is often eaten for breakfast with or on top of rice, in sushi or added to a bowl of noodles. A little soy-based sauce and Chinese mustard is added before the beans are mixed up in a circular motion with chopsticks, which creates lots of bubbles and gooey strings of, well, slimy fermented beans
photo-japanese-natto-beans-cc.jpg

Seff, you're a good ol' boy, a real Hampton OG, but...this is WAY off.
What the heck were you snorting when you visited these various towns/stadiums?? :cool:

Sorry pal, but sans scUM and Minney's new stadium, I've been to the others multiple times.

My opinion stands.

Look proles, I know you'll find this hard to believe, but your argument about tailgating is irrelevant. You make your own environment. I have had a good time tailgating pretty much everywhere I have gone - just meet up with some buddies, start crushing brews and fire up some grub. Coed eye candy is nice, but you're only going to get anything decent for the first few weeks because once it gets chilly, the goods get covered. The only things the host stadium needs to provide are (a) cool cops, (b) porta johns and (c) a parking spot. The rest is what you make of it. Therefore, talk of "oh, X is such a great atmosphere" or whatever is ridiculous, if you give two $hit$ about the "atmosphere" for more than 10 minutes after getting to your tailgate, you are doing it wrong and you are a failure at life.

Pretty brazen talk from somebody who does 95% of his tailgating inside a rusty Ford quasi-RV. :D

Big Ten environments, from best to worst:
1) THE TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
12) Everybody else

Anybody who says otherwise is an idiot.

I was at last years Northwestern game and it is crappy. But watching 4 drunk hawk fans riding around the stadium on a golf cart yelling, "NERDS" was pretty epic.

Madison is a great college town, but their "environment" is nothing special. Tailgaiting is nothing like it is in IC, and IC is not what it use to be either.

Can we please figure out a way to quit finding things to whine about?

Man, talk about coming up with crap to complain about.

Latest posts