Can we nail Price fellas?

Zook in Champaign for the next decade is a gift for Kirk

I worry about Kelly in SB ... he seems to be a "got it together" coach

LOL! If the Illini have too much troubles putting together winning seasons ... it would be like torture for Zook in the recruiting game. He's all about recruiting ... and if he can't sell the promise of the program ... he'll even look bad when it comes to his "bread and butter." Even if he was given a lifetime contract, if the program wasn't winning, he'd probably quit. He'd try to jump to another program so he could have more success selling his goods there.

Its like Locksley took his manhood away when he left.

A few other things, Price is cousins with current OSU LB Dorian Bell. Not sure if this is related to OSU's feelings on Price or not but they are going to offer 5* LB Anthony Wallace from Texas in the next few days. OSU seems to want 1-2 LB's this year.

OSU loses a lot at LB in the next 2 years. Was a blurb in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette where Price stated his top 2 were OSU and Iowa but was quoted as saying he "may open things up a little bit".

FuFred ...

curious ... did they "ban" ya over "across the street"?

I ain't probing ... you bring a lot of quality stuff to the table and saw a gang fight over there which I never thought was cool and very childlike as your feedback on recruiting has always been 1st class

OSU... GREAT PGM/ GREAT FANS

One of the top 3 pgms in the country and being in the hunt with quality kids vs OSU is an honor

Hope ya lose in IC and go to a BCS game - sorry ... I had to be honest

OSU loses a lot at LB in the next 2 years. Was a blurb in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette where Price stated his top 2 were OSU and Iowa but was quoted as saying he "may open things up a little bit".

Iowa loses A LOT at LB in the next 2 years too. In fact, by the time the 2012 season rolls around, Iowa loses Hunter, Tarp, T. Johnson, Tillison, Nielsen, and B. Davis. That's pretty much like 6 of our top 6 guys.

To say that there will be plenty of opportunity at Iowa in a few years would potentially be an understatement.

Who is giving him the more recent looks? Maybe somebody who is offering both he and Jefferson a package deal maybe?

Fufred: LOL .... so was I and I am a diehard Hawk fan

I was "supposedly" told via email ... yeah .. and Hitler "supposedly" emailed Poland he was attacking ...

curious ... did your *** get banned for recommending that I should
dot the I in Columbus instead of Pete Johnson?

Give me some feedback on Miller

seems Tressel is set up to move this kid into the bf when Pryor books

congrats on him becoming a Buckeye !!!

Fufred: LOL .... so was I and I am a diehard Hawk fan

I was "supposedly" told via email ... yeah .. and Hitler "supposedly" emailed Poland he was attacking ...

curious ... did your *** get banned for recommending that I should
dot the I in Columbus instead of Pete Johnson?

Are you drunk again. Dude i think you need some help.

Price has officially added a team to make it a top 3. Now lists OSU, Iowa and Pitt as a top 3. Probably not a good sign for OSU and Iowa. No decision is upcoming it appears.

Price has officially added a team to make it a top 3. Now lists OSU, Iowa and Pitt as a top 3. Probably not a good sign for OSU and Iowa. No decision is upcoming it appears.

fufred -

Any idea why Pitt is intending on landing 4 DEs in this class?

Also, I agree, not good news for EITHER tOSU or Iowa ... Wanny is darn good at keeping guys he wants from western PA.

I don't think that Iowa owns a single recruiting victory over Pitt when recruiting western PA.

Not really Homer. The 3 DE's they have committed seem to lean to try to bulk up to DT's, unless they plan on converting one to OLB it doesn't seem to make for much class balance.

Oh well,too many good players looking at being a part of a winning program at Iowa to worry about all of them. IMO we are already seeing some of the negative aspects of being a top flight program. Kids shying away from heavy competition for playing time. We are stacked with good players at the LB spot even if Gray does not return. The track record of KF and Norm will continue with trend so it isn't a big concern in my book. It may be smart to sit on our hands with who we have at this point and create soem class separation from our big LB class last year. I'm ready for Coe to come to town and he could fill the extra Lb spot if he likes it better or take over where BW was at because my gut feeling is he will not return.
It would also be nice to land Carter and one more talent S or CB and finish out with an OT of the 5* variety.
I'd add that Miller would be nice to have as well. I really think in the end Gordon proves out to be a bg time reciever and it would be nice to have Miller's talent in the backfield if Coe moves to LB.
Yea I know,but I can dream can't I?

Last edited:

Latest posts