Can someone please explain how ISU/Iowa in the Insight has any merit?

1. already played them once and lost
2. no national excitement and what exposure we get will not be good if we lose

We would do better with a loss to a more nationally respected team than we would with a loss or a win against our percieved little brother.

An ISU game would do NOTHING for the Hawkeye program and could hurt us more than help us.

So basically my assesment is a much bigger picture than your who is the tougherst kid in the neighborhood assessment. Who cares.... it does nothing for us.

It is highly unlikely that Iowa gets any national exposure from its bowl anyways.

The most important thing is to get a WIN. The bowl, the opponent, etc., are all window-dressing.

a lot of these bowl reps are stupid.....but I doubt anyone is dumb enough to make this matchup again.

I like it. I think the Insight might too.

It has passion, the "back yard brawl slug fest" factor. Tickets would selll. No way would Iowa fans abandon an ISU match up in a bowl game. No way would Iowa fans allow ISU to out travel them (and we know they would travel for that one).

Iowa is a tier 2 national name and ISU has some national attention this year after taking out OSU.

It's the only bowl game that night so with the right promos, they coud draw interest.

I bet is is strongly considered.

The teams who play in the Insight bowl mean little...there is only so much to be gained from going to a lower tier bowl.

We take what little exposure we can get from it, avenge our loss and be happy we got some extra practice in. We don't recruit Arizona, and recruits watching us elsewhere would certainly rather see us win than lose...no matter the opponent.

Sorry but roles are reversed here...if they win, they were supposed to. If we win, it shows how we have improved and we get the monkey off our back nine months earlier than planned.

I don't even know if I would watch the game. Probably record it, but I have no desire to see it I have a feeling Kirk isn't going to be getting over on PR anytime soon. Already have it as a L next fall.

It doesn't have any, playing a inferior opponent twice in a row does nothing for Iowa.:cool:

What I find interesting is that the seemingly pervailing view is that Iowa fans would be excited about this match-up when back in September fans were talking down the match-up - "Iowa's little brother; isn't even worth Iowa's time; lose-lose, etc." I get the revenge factor and the possibility of another bowl win, but to be excited about it?!

Last year when Nebraska went to the Holiday bowl to play Washington again, a team they beat in September, and were going to play again in 2011, there wasn't a lot of excitement for the game (big reason NU lost). I would have guessed the possibility of a bowl match-up that happens in-season EVERY year would be frowned upon by both teams.......

According to the bowl listing at CBSsports, the Insight is the big 12 #4 vs B1G 4/5, but we all know how that can change. I just can't see ISU jumping up that far. Right now they are 6-5 and 3-5 in the conference and sitting in 8th place. Best case scenario for them is they beat KSU and Texas loses to Baylor. If that happens they finish tied with Missouri and Texas at 7-5 overall and tied with Texas and A&M at 4-5 in the conference. IF that happens and OSU beat OU, OSU get the BCS, K-State gets the Cotton at #2, Alamo gets OU at #3, and then the Insight gets to pick from Texas, A&M, Missouri, and Baylor. Baylor and Missouri will have better conference records and Texas and Texas A&M are, well, Texas and Texas A&M. How in the world does ISU jump those teams? Yeah, don't see it happening.

I don't even know if I would watch the game. Probably record it, but I have no desire to see it I have a feeling Kirk isn't going to be getting over on PR anytime soon. Already have it as a L next fall.

Haha, you sound like a quality Iowa fan. Very optimistic as well. If you are home that day and don't have anything going on and choose not to watch the game, I would question whether or not you are really an Iowa fan. I don't care who the opponent is. If I can watch the game then I'll be watching the game.

If you don't even bother to watch Iowa football games, why do you post on a Iowa football message board?

Wow, Iowa fans are spoiled.

It's easy the committee picks Iowa and Iowa State to play.

It's nice to discuss, but the reality is that this is going to happen.

Thanks for your well thought out and insightful 1st post

Did you mistype your 2nd post or do you really think this is going to happen?

I can maybe see Iowa getting there....maybe. But I still think the Insight takes Penn State and if they dont they will probably take O$U. But Iowa here has a chance

I see zero chance of ISU making here. Texas is obviously a better pick and even Baylor off their great year and not too far of a travel seems to be way more likely than Iowa.

I dont see it even being close to a possibility

Yeah, you're right. CPR has dominated the Iowa series since he arrived. 3-35, 7-35, 44-41

PURE dominance

Some Iowa fans are so smart

Iowa/ISU won't happen at the Insight. I will be content to wait and beat the stuffing out of them next fall.

Ughh!! It's bad enough we've got to play one "damned if you do, damned if you don't" game every year, why would we want to have a second?

If the Insight bowl does host an IA-ISU re-match then they shouldn't expect too many Hawkeye fans to be there.
For all the people that are ****** off at Kirk, isn't this the reason, because he shows a lack of will to go out there and just look like he's trying to kick the crap out of whoever is standing on the other side of the field? You all complain about it yet I read it in posts all over this website. You should be excited that we're going to play in a bowl and, like I just said, want to go out there and kick the crap out of anyone we play. Stop being a bunch of girls and worry about it being a "no win" situation. A win is a win is a win. Go Hawks!

Latest posts