Can someone please explain how ISU/Iowa in the Insight has any merit?

They won in triple overtime at home. A game in which Iowa had a double digit lead and the ball. To think that because of that loss the roles are reversed is absurd. Iowa is still expected to win, with the only difference of playing them again this season being a chance to avenge our loss from earlier.

Honestly, if the Insight Committee does this that is the worst possible thing that they could do.
It will have terrible ratings, It really would do nothing from a National Prospective.

But then again, both fan bases travel very well, and it's all about the Benjamin's

For once I agree with you. You F¥€king clown.

Not in favor of it, but it would be a good showcase on a national stage for talent that comes from the state of Iowa and plays D1 football. Lots of homegrown talent on both squads.

I don't even know if I would watch the game. Probably record it, but I have no desire to see it I have a feeling Kirk isn't going to be getting over on PR anytime soon. Already have it as a L next fall.

Man, what a bunch of Sallys.

Bring it on.

Only reason anyone can give is bragging rights? Whatever. There is too much downside to this.

Suppose we go the Insight bowl and beat Iowa State. Great! Grand! We can get on these stupid boards and I State boards and brag how it's a hawkeye state.. Woopdee freaking doo!

Now what if we get beat? The fallout is horrible.
1. That would be 2 X in a yr.
2. Everyone will be wondering if the program is stable.
3. Recruits will wonder what is going on that lil brother kicked big bros a$$ 2 x in one yr.
4. Fans will be livid and overreact and call for the coaching staffs head.
5. The media, if any discuss it, will question the program under KF and the current direction it is going in.

Now if we play a bigger name program ( Texas, A and M , Missouri, ) the media will take more notice and the fan base will be excited if we win. Recruits will feel confident about the program as we took on a more relevant football program.

If we lose to one of the bigger name opponents in a good game it won't be so bad as well. We can build off that. We went to a bowl again, faced a formidable opponent and duked it out. We were competitive.

How do you build off of 2 losses to little brother in one yr? You can't. There is absolutely no legitimate reason to play Iowa State in a bowl. There is too much downside. Call it being a wuss and whatever but I call it thinking logically.

Only reason anyone can give is bragging rights? Whatever. There is too much downside to this.

Suppose we go the Insight bowl and beat Iowa State. Great! Grand! We can get on these stupid boards and I State boards and brag how it's a hawkeye state.. Woopdee freaking doo!

Now what if we get beat? The fallout is horrible.
1. That would be 2 X in a yr.
2. Everyone will be wondering if the program is stable.
3. Recruits will wonder what is going on that lil brother kicked big bros a$$ 2 x in one yr.
4. Fans will be livid and overreact and call for the coaching staffs head.
5. The media, if any discuss it, will question the program under KF and the current direction it is going in.

Now if we play a bigger name program ( Texas, A and M , Missouri, ) the media will take more notice and the fan base will be excited if we win. Recruits will feel confident about the program as we took on a more relevant football program.

If we lose to one of the bigger name opponents in a good game it won't be so bad as well. We can build off that. We went to a bowl again, faced a formidable opponent and duked it out. We were competitive.

How do you build off of 2 losses to little brother in one yr? You can't. There is absolutely no legitimate reason to play Iowa State in a bowl. There is too much downside. Call it being a wuss and whatever but I call it thinking logically.

What a clown. You act like you want to be a big-name program but you sure don't talk like you want one. Such a sally. You think LSU, Bama, Georgia, OSU, USC, etc... worry about "the downside of losing a game to a lesser team"? HELL NO they don't. They work hard, go out there and kick some ***. Cowboy up man. Go Hawks!!

"sally" .... "clown"....

I see you use to be on the debate team. Obviously someone with your intelligence could come up with a better agruement than to just, as you say, "Cowboy up" or "kick some ***."

Glad you are not making any business decisions for me.

Worst idea for Iowa.... no way I want a part of that. We have nothing to win and everyhting to lose.

Here we go again. It's the other way around. Everything to win, nothing to lose. You have a bowl to win. And we already beat you, so everyone will already be expecting you to lose again ;).

But seriously, I don't want this again. Once a year is enough. Too much stress for me. The only reason they would pick this game is to get butts in the seats. The last two years Iowa and ISU fans have flocked to the Insight Bowl.

Last edited:
I didn't read this thread but I think an Iowa-ISU rematch is a stupid idea. I know i wouldn't even bother to watch. Bowl games are to play teams you don't normally get to play.

I'm not going to travel to hang out with Hawk fans and Hawk fans shouldn't have to travel to hang out with Clone fans.

Not to mention that there would probably be idiots from each side getting into it on a few drunken occasions.

Based on the latest projections, doesn't look like the IA-ISU rematch is going to happen.

We'll see you boys in Kinnick next fall - oh, and by the way, strap it on tight, because I think Iowa is going to kick your heinies

Here we go again. It's the other way around. Everything to win, nothing to lose. You have a bowl to win. And we already beat you, so everyone will already to expecting you to lose again ;).

But seriously, I don't want this again. Once a year is enough. Too much stress for me. The only reason they would pick this game is to get butts in the seats. The last two years Iowa and ISU fans have flocked to the Insight Bowl.
Yet I agree again with a FU(^ing clown

I didn't read this thread but I think an Iowa-ISU rematch is a stupid idea. I know i wouldn't even bother to watch. Bowl games are to play teams you don't normally get to play.

I'm not going to travel to hang out with Hawk fans and Hawk fans shouldn't have to travel to hang out with Clone fans.

Not to mention that there would probably be idiots from each side getting into it on a few drunken occasions.
Bull. ****.

Based on the latest projections, doesn't look like the IA-ISU rematch is going to happen.

We'll see you boys in Kinnick next fall - oh, and by the way, strap it on tight, because I think Iowa is going to kick your heinies
Should be a good game. I think we win. We are getting better. You lose A LOT for the second year in a row. No McNutt, Reiff, lose your entire D line, Bernstine, Prater.

So if ISU were to beat us, we couldn't use the routine excuse that they were just hyped to beat Iowa because it's their bowl game.

Latest posts