Can someone explain

kgoblee

why we offer a Juco kid that isn't even a starter, and then proceed to redshirt him using a scholly up for 2011 when we are in short supply.. I really don't see the logic.. help me out..

There really is no logic. Archie is not a game changer. Having him for two more years is going to be useless. Unless Coach T plans on losing Brommer or Cougill to transfer and he needs another big guy next year??
With Tucker leaving I think we have 2 schollarships left for 2011-12. If you would have played Archie this year you would have 3, which would allow you to bring in another decent class to go along with the 2010-11 recruits.
But this may not matter in the long run if anyone else transfers out or Coach T is let go after next year.

Agree completely. Really stupid when they redshirted him. I brought it up on the paid sight and everyone thought I was crazy. A really wasted scholly extended for another year!

I agree; if Larson is as good as advertised, I don't see Archie ever getting significant playing time. If he was a true center, maybe; but he is not.

You guys haven't ever watched the kid play and already you know all. I've never seen him play and just for you boys I hope he goes All Big10 on your *** next year.

You guys haven't ever watched the kid play and already you know all. I've never seen him play and just for you boys I hope he goes All Big10 on your *** next year.

Not to mention he was hurt at the start of the year and would have missed a lot of games either due to the fact he wouldn't have had time to learn the system or he wouldn't have been in basketball shape.

If your going to rip on the coaching staff at least you should have your facts straight it's not like the info on him being hurt isn't easy to find.

I have watched Archie play in practice. I tend to think he will be able to help us out. Sort of like Looby did. Not a big scorer, but may be able to be a presence on defense and get some garbage buckets.

Why all of a sudden do we not want someone who isn't a "game changer"? It's not like our roster is full of these kids anyway.

I have watched Archie play in practice. I tend to think he will be able to help us out. Sort of like Looby did. Not a big scorer, but may be able to be a presence on defense and get some garbage buckets.

Why all of a sudden do we not want someone who isn't a "game changer"? It's not like our roster is full of these kids anyway.

Explain the logic of complaining about a kid we've never seen play. Now explain the logic of having a discussion with those people that complain about such kid. The OP is a know nothing dumb *** that we're placating by allowing this discussion ton continue.

Explain the logic of complaining about a kid we've never seen play. Now explain the logic of having a discussion with those people that complain about such kid. The OP is a know nothing dumb *** that we're placating by allowing this discussion ton continue.

Explaining logic on this board is not something I am qualified for. :)

why we offer a Juco kid that isn't even a starter, and then proceed to redshirt him using a scholly up for 2011 when we are in short supply.. I really don't see the logic.. help me out..

i will help you out. you're a stupid dumb **** that should not be allowed to post. jon had an experiment to see if people should be retroactively aborted. turns out your name is ..... what ........... becker dumb butt? jon will tolerate stupid people like you with his business model. i on the other hand will not. you are uneducated and should not have access to the internet. one should not have anything to do with the other, but in your case it does.

i will help you out. you're a stupid dumb **** that should not be allowed to post. jon had an experiment to see if people should be retroactively aborted. turns out your name is ..... what ........... becker dumb butt? jon will tolerate stupid people like you with his business model. i on the other hand will not. you are uneducated and should not have access to the internet. one should not have anything to do with the other, but in your case it does.

Gentlemen's Jack?

I just wish we could get 4 year contributors to redshirt like Brian Butch (McDonalds AA) did at Wisconsin...instead our recent redshirts are Archie(two year guy)Lil Lick(walk-on) and Angle(non-player)....as long as we are giving an extra year of education to a guy,lets try to get 3-4 years of playing out of him...Brommer and cougill should have redshirted...and next year Marble and McCabe.

If I remember correctly Erik Hansen didn't start at Kirkwood. JUCO basketball is not simply a proving ground for D1 teams...it's competitive and teams are out there to win...Archie's game might not have fit in with his team's style of play. That's pure speculation...but I wouldn't be too concerned about the simple fact that the kid didn't start at the JUCO level.

Virtually nobody offered Archie but Iowa....just like Jermain Davis. I do not think that is a good sign. If a guy can help a team win, they play him a lot of minutes. He just did not stand out enough to earn a starting job.

If his talent set fits what Coach is looking for and he's seen enough evidence of that...what does playing time at JUCO level matter? Again...he may not fit what they want to do very well but he might be a good piece in our offense...I don't know much about the guy but I haven't been presented with any evidence here to lead me to believe this has been a bad decision.

I could apply similar logic to yours to come to the conclusion that Archie should be a good player. You're saying that just because a JUCO coach didn't start him he's not good. Well I could say that the fact that he's been given a scholarship to a Big Ten school makes him a solid prospect. Obviously neither of those criteria are a perfect criteria for judging future performance.

He is a prospect. Just what we need,another prospect. One thing bad about a JC transfer that reshirts. He can sit out this year,transfer and start somewhere else and be elgible right away. How does that sound to you? Sounds like it could be possible? We have never had anyone transfer,have we? Oh,and I have seen him play!

If we're talking about Archie, he was injured, hence the redshirt. Why recruit a guy, especially a juco and expect him to play just one year. Lick made the right decision in the redshirt. It's not even an arguable topic. That's how irrelevant this thread is.

Why would you assume I have not seen him play or practice.. you know what they say about *** ume..

Latest posts