Can McCaffrey make it through the year

I hope Fran can manage his temper accordingly as it has the potential to be his downfall. Not a good combination to be losing and causing embarrassing moments along the way.

Bob Knight's tantrums were OK and even charming when his teams were winning. When his teams struggled a little bit they became boorish. If we were 3-0 in the B1G right now Fran's frantrum's would be tolerated and almost lovable.

That's how it works.

Probably shouldn't speak on things you know nothing about.

Not once since I've been following Iowa bball and football (80s) - and I've been following closely - has there ever been player-only meeting made public knowledge at Iowa.
Not once. Until a few years ago.

So settle down Mr. Hey I'm In With The Team

Bob Knight's tantrums were OK and even charming when his teams were winning. When his teams struggled a little bit they became boorish. If we were 3-0 in the B1G right now Fran's frantrum's would be tolerated and almost lovable.

That's how it works.

No, they weren't. IU was like a cult under Knight. He couldn't be criticized. The stuff that came out later wasn't surprising. Those days are long gone in most places.

That's how it works.

I understand your point but I wouldn't go as far as "almost lovable". Knight had built up far more reserves in the bank than Fran has at this point so I think any line in the sand would be more restrictive for Fran compared to Mr Knight. I think Fran has a ways to go to equate to Bob Knight's performance or behavior.

Barta won't can him this year...outside of an on-court incident. Probably wouldn't next year either with a similar record.

Agreed. Fran isn't going anywhere this year, barring some type of incident, like you said. Next year I'm less sure about, but would still bet against it. But if things aren't much better in March of 2019, the kettle would be at a full boil imo.

Latest posts