Can McCaffrey make it through the year

A coach would have to be super sh*tty to cause a transfer.
Maybe Fran isn't super sh*tty to play for, but just kinda sh*tty.
I mean watch him for chrissakes!

Player only meetings happen all the time?
I did not know what.
Interesting that that squad felt the need to announce it then.

The deal is, he coaches the exact same whether his team is losing or winning. Yelling and freak outs happened when Iowa was doing well, they are just certainly more noticeable and less tolerable when you see the product on the floor.

Losing your mind on a reach-in when down 9 with under 45 seconds to go is not a good look. In fact It's embarrassing. Not to mention he clearey said "that's bullshit" numerous times. Outside of a few coaches you just don't see that behavior. And certainly nowhere the frequency you see it with Fran. The act is old (and I was someone who approved of his antics in his early years at Iowa).

Losing your mind on a reach-in when down 9 with under 45 seconds to go is not a good look. In fact It's embarrassing. Not to mention he clearey said "that's bullshit" numerous times. Outside of a few coaches you just don't see that behavior. And certainly nowhere the frequency you see it with Fran. The act is old (and I was someone who approved of his antics in his early years at Iowa).

I lost my mind on that play too. And your last sentence is exaxtly what InGoodCo was saying.

I hope Fran can manage his temper accordingly as it has the potential to be his downfall. Not a good combination to be losing and causing embarrassing moments along the way.

I lost my mind on that play too. And your last sentence is exaxtly what InGoodCo was saying.

Reaching across a player's body is nearly the same as slapping down on the ball in the eyes of officials; whether clean or not it's gonna be called way more often than not. Of all the garbage Iowa displayed last night Fran chooses that to blow up on. Maybe if this staff....never mind, they've never been able to coach D worth a shit. Honest question....do you think Fran's tirades are warranted and reflect well upon Iowa? This program is a dumpster fire right now, and acting like a child b/c an at best 50/50 call didn't go your way in a game you trailed significantly all game as part of a season where you might go 0-fer in conference play is pathetic. I don't know how you spin it any other way.

A coach would have to be super sh*tty to cause a transfer.
Maybe Fran isn't super sh*tty to play for, but just kinda sh*tty.
I mean watch him for chrissakes!

Player only meetings happen all the time?
I did not know what.
Interesting that that squad felt the need to announce it then.

You realize that transfers in college basketball is rampant right? Like 500 a year or something crazy like that. A lot of them do kick the coach or culture after the fact of where they were. Most won't when they leave cause that coach still has some say on where they end up. And "player only meetings" happen to a lot of teams in every sport when expectations aren't met. ... and they typically advertise that they did it.

Reaching across a player's body is nearly the same as slapping down on the ball in the eyes of officials; whether clean or not it's gonna be called way more often than not. Of all the garbage Iowa displayed last night Fran chooses that to blow up on. Maybe if this staff....never mind, they've never been able to coach D worth a shit. Honest question....do you think Fran's tirades are warranted and reflect well upon Iowa? This program is a dumpster fire right now, and acting like a child b/c an at best 50/50 call didn't go your way in a game you trailed significantly all game as part of a season where you might go 0-fer in conference play is pathetic. I don't know how you spin it any other way.

It is pathetic. I agree with you... I don't really lean one way or the other, because coaches acting a fool in College Basketball is a thing. It just is. It's every where. Fran is probably on the lower end of coaches with a T this season.

All I've said is that Fran hasn't changed. He was doing this his first season, the year we got up to #3 in the country and is going to do it the rest of the year. It's who he is, how he coaches and he's the same if Iowa is winning or losing.

You realize that transfers in college basketball is rampant right? Like 500 a year or something crazy like that.

All based solely on coaching issues?
Nothing involving academics, proximity to home, personal issues, life events, etc?
I'll be damned.

Nothing involving academics, proximity to home, personal issues, life events, etc?
I'll be damned.

Well, take Tyler Smith. It was "allegedly" about being close to his father. The fact it happened almost immdeiately after Lickliter was hired makes me think it wasn't (for once) about Alford...

I'll be damned.

Never said that either - just that players transfer in the sport so often now that it typically takes a lot less then a coach that treats them poorly... and that if the players were unhappy with how they were being treated by Fran, we would have seen more leave. I can't think of one player who's left that was a key contributor. So, I think your take is way off base.

You also stated that a "players only meeting" 2 years ago signified unhappiness with Fran from the players and I said bogus because those happen constantly in sports and they all get advertised.

I know this won't mean anything to anyone - but I've personally talked to a few players that have played for Ferentz and Fran - in a very casual setting.

They loved Fran - never heard anyone say anything bad about Ferentz, but because of the nature of the sport didn't feel like some of them really knew Kirk that well.

I'm sure there are some players that can't stand Fran however... but what's new.. coaches that scream, coaches that don't. They are loved or hated by many.

I know this won't mean anything to anyone - but I've personally talked to a few players that have played for Ferentz and Fran - in a very casual setting.

They loved Fran - never heard anyone say anything bad about Ferentz, but because of the nature of the sport didn't feel like some of them really knew Kirk that well.

I'm sure there are some players that can't stand Fran however... but what's new.. coaches that scream, coaches that don't. They are loved or hated by many.
I've heard some less than flattering things said about Kirk on that podcast with Tate and that Russian kid (what's his name again?) I've also heard some flattering things said about Kirk on that same podcast, so....

I've heard some less than flattering things said about Kirk on that podcast with Tate and that Russian kid (what's his name again?) I've also heard some flattering things said about Kirk on that same podcast, so....

That could be like anyone's conversation with their wife. All in the same sentence.

I have too, but not about Fran. So I could totally believe this.
Who knows? Maybe he's a super chill and cool dude... off the court.
I don't doubt his heart is in the right place, either.

That said,
I think he sucks as a coach and this season is gonna get a helluva lot worse.

So what would a player see from him during the game that he wouldn't see doing his homework about the program before signing. Players know their coaches tendencies and if they were against that style of coaching they wouldn't sign with Fran. While the attitude regarding his antics may have changed, the antics themselves haven't. His temper is the same now as it was when he got here.

Barta won't can him this year...outside of an on-court incident. Probably wouldn't next year either with a similar record.

Latest posts