Can McCaffery make Iowa hoops fun again?

The thing that always amazed me was that the Iowa players looked like they didn't enjoy playing basketball. It's a fun game to play and they didn't appear to be having any fun. No emotion, blank stares, etc.

The thing that always amazed me was that the Iowa players looked like they didn't enjoy playing basketball. It's a fun game to play and they didn't appear to be having any fun. No emotion, blank stares, etc.
It almost hurts your heart to watch that. I know that sounds stupid, but it's true. There were times last year I just felt bad for the guys.

I totally agree with the last sentence, he may not win right away but it will be more enjoyable to watch losing an 80-75 type of game instead of losing 50-45.

Either way I will still be ****** as a loss is a loss, but the passion is coming back and if Iowa is scoring in the 70's and losing they won't lose my interest like before when they were scoring in the 40's and losing.

We all started playing ball on the playground,and open gym...it is rare for players to consciously decide to play slow...the natural rythmn of the game is fast.
Virtually every single division one recruit was a star on their team and took shots,and played fast due to a physical edge on their opponents who generally were not Div 1 recruits....
If you watch Chicago Public league games, it is all about a game of quickness and speed. None of those players would likely embrace a slow pace. Just not in their nature. Same is really true anywhere tho...playing fast is fun,period.
Now, the key is to get the players who can play fast skillfully and wisely.

I would welcome being angry off of a loss, this year I usually shrugged 5 minutes in and moved on to something else.

If I had short term memory loss and someone told me that I wrote this article, I would believe them. Good description of how the majority of the fanbase feels.

If I had short term memory loss and someone told me that I wrote this article, I would believe them. Good description of how the majority of the fanbase feels.

Maybe you just forgot you DID write this?!?!?
I agree though, Mr. Davis was a household name, across the country, hopefully Frantastic will catch on like Mr. Davis did.