Can Joe Weiskamp be the second coming

In a perfect world, Fran would go out and get a transfer point guard, slide Jordan over to shooting guard, and bring Moss off the bench as a 2nd unit scorer. That would allow Wieskamp to be eased in slowly...maybe 20 minutes per game.

I certainly wouldn't mind him owning the team from day 1 and being named Big Ten Freshman of the year though. I just don't expect it, at all

I can’t believe their are fans who think some of these players are all of sudden going to be more athletic in a few seasons . Garza still won’t be able to run , jump or slide his feet his senior year

IMO - I would like the Iowa program much better next season if you starting line up was Connor, Jordan, Joe W, Cook and Garza. You're bench is Nunge, Baer, Moss and Pemsl if there's foul problems. Get Geno Crandall from North Dakota who is a potential senior transfer and increase his PT over the course of the season. If not him, someone else like him. Start him over Connor if he's better out of the gate and Connor is your back up PG.

Everyone else GTFO

I had to look Geno up on Youtube, and he certainly looks like he would be immediate help next season, if we decide to recruit him.....

No reason not to. We will need a healthy Connor, who is capable but not a natural point guard.....

Why not.....

Joe W will certainly help next year and should be starting from game one, but he alone will not be enough to bring the Hawks back. The team, individually and together, must get things together.....

Some soulsearching is necessary. One hundred % effort on offense and especially defense is extremely necessary. We have to learn to slow the pace down if the transition game is taken away, as it has the majority of the season. A half-court offense has to be developed and implemented to be successful.....

As some have mentioned, we are playing at an out of control pace which is resulting in one turnover after another. This must stop. There are too many passes when no one is open, and the ball goes directly to the opponent, usually for a highlight dunk.....

Kick some Boilermaker ass tomorrow, Lads.....

:cool:

I can’t believe their are fans who think some of these players are all of sudden going to be more athletic in a few seasons . Garza still won’t be able to run , jump or slide his feet his senior year

The hope with Garza is he can become the defender Woody was. As a freshman. He can already score better than Woody ever could. You can win a lot of games with a Woody who can score or a Garza who can play defense. Especially with Cook at the 4 and a top 40 player at the 2 or 3.

Latest posts