Cam Newton

I also wouldn't have drafted J Russell prior to the 4th round. Here's the deal, rounds 1-3 need to be starters, period. Drafting anyone in rounds 1-3 that isn't 90% likely to be a starter is just a waste. If you want to draft upside do it in round 4 or later that includes quarterback. There are tons of quarterbacks in available in rounds 4-6 that are 50/50 to have an impact in the NFL, Cam should be one of them.

And that's why you're not running an NFL team.

Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young... some pretty big "oops-es" by people running NFL teams that bear a striking resemblance to Newton. (and don't go race-card on me...it's about their game and makeup)

Last edited:
Jamarcus Russell, Vince Young... some pretty big "oops-es" by people running NFL teams that bear a striking resemblance to Newton. (and don't go race-card on me...it's about their game and makeup)

It's a little difficult to not pull the race card now that you mention it. NFL draft history is filled with stories of busts and unexpected surprises up and down the board. Not wanting to draft somebody because he reminds you a little of JaMarcus Russell is silly when the talent is there.

It's a little difficult to not pull the race card now that you mention it. NFL draft history is filled with stories of busts and unexpected surprises up and down the board. Not wanting to draft somebody because he reminds you a little of JaMarcus Russell is silly when the talent is there.

So to not pull the race card, Ryan Leaf and Matt Leinhart, while the verdict is still out on tim tebow.

of course.

the race card is tired.

I see race being factor in terms of him being compared to other quarterbacks. He isn't Mike Vick or Vince Young, he is Ben Rothliesberger. On the field and same type of immaturity off of it. Leaving the sexual assault stuff out of it, if Newton has success early it would not shock me if he has similar type issues Ben had off the field, in terms of the lockerroom or just downright bonehead behavior.

I'm wired little bit differently when everyone goes one way i go the other. Everyone wants or is looking for this kid to fail, i'm not. Like Ben and unlike Leaf, Vince Young the kid is mentally tough with all the baggage he has I just don't see that affecting him on the field.

Everyone wants the cerebral, prototype(Brady/Manning) if you don't fit that type people only want to talk about is what you can't do.

So to not pull the race card, Ryan Leaf and Matt Leinhart, while the verdict is still out on tim tebow.

Jury's out on Tebow, and Locker could be very well be added to that list as well. I'm not sold on Gabbert either.

If Newton were more mature, and didn't have so many question marks about his character, I'd say go ahead and take him in the first round. If nothing else he could be a starter at another position.

But there are too many ?'s to make it wise to invest so much into him.

Moon's comments almost validate the very criticism he's supposedly trying to squelch. For a guy my age, Warren sounds pretty immature himself.

To use his own words..."I thought we were all past this". Start with yourself Warren.

Moon's comments almost validate the very criticism he's supposedly trying to squelch. For a guy my age, Warren sounds pretty immature himself.

To use his own words..."I thought we were all past this". Start with yourself Warren.

I can understand Moon's position. It's wrong, but I can understand why he takes it. There are a lot of African-Americans (particularly those who are 50+ years old) who still don't really trust white people because of their personal experiences. I think the world has changed a lot since then, but I can't say I blame them for being leery.

I agree, 'drummer. Moon's personal history, whatever it includes, hardly applies to Newton.
Plus, everyone needs to remember that this Narwocki (or however the article author spells his name) character played FB for illannoy. That right there makes him a Grade A d-bag. Not necessarily a racist, but definitely a bitter doosh.

I can understand Moon's position. It's wrong, but I can understand why he takes it. There are a lot of African-Americans (particularly those who are 50+ years old) who still don't really trust white people because of their personal experiences. I think the world has changed a lot since then, but I can't say I blame them for being leery.

It's called baggage. Get over it. Stop being a victim and take ownership of yourself and your emotional triggers instead of always looking "out there" or at "the other guy" for convenient excuses and places to lay the blame.

In man terms...grow a pair.

It's called baggage. Get over it. Stop being a victim and take ownership of yourself and your emotional triggers instead of always looking "out there" or at "the other guy" for convenient excuses and places to lay the blame.

In man terms...grow a pair.

agreed. the race card has already been played. time for an original move.

Just as long as the Bears don't draft him in the first 3 rounds, I could care less who drafts him. After the third round, then i think he would be forth it for the bears to draft him. If another team is willing to draft him higher than the third round, it is their waisted money.

Latest posts