Calling Bob Stoops

Whom ever they hire should have similar philosophies, as we don't need a Michigan debacle. Plenty of coaches that fit that mold with Iowa ties, so it shouldn't be hard to come up with some names.

I heard first hand Bob Stoops' kids were so out of control when they were younger they would literally pee anywhere in the house.
This tells me he doesn't give a rats behind about parenting, only football.

We need this kind of guy.

somebody who enjoys recruiting.

Insists on character, explosive offense, physical style of play, someone who "says something" once in awhile.

dude, I saw that and gave you a thumbs up, but apparently, my thumbs up couldn't offset the thumbs down. I guess it's like putting CJ in when we were down 40 points (or whatever the hell it was), it was too little, too late.

When the thumb thing started you could offset it, now if there's already a thumbs down when I click thumbs up nothing happens? That seems stupid. I like the idea if it would actually work correctly.

You know it's bad if Walker has officially come over to the dark side. We'll know it's truly the Hawkpocalypse if importedankle ever flips the switch.

He's probably sitting at his keyboard right now having inter struggles on whether or not to start a fire Kirk thread.

somebody who enjoys recruiting.

Insists on character, explosive offense, physical style of play, someone who "says something" once in awhile.

I'd scratch "Character." He shouldn't have let Beckham on the team. He was nothing but trouble at Missouri and the last straw was throwing a woman down stairs so he was kicked off the team. Southwest Missouri State is in his hometown and they actually issued a statement that he will not be allowed to play there.

That being said I like Stoops and would forgive him for what I consider a horrible decision. When you let a player in your program who was kicked off an SEC team that isn't good. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he would really entertain the thought of coming back this late in his career?

Muck it! I'd take Bill Synder. I mean look what he's done at Kansas St. Doing it once there is impressive. More impressive is they go thru a couple coaches & the team tanks, they bring him back & he rebuilds it again at his age, IN THE FREAKING STATE OF KANSAS!! Somehow he recruits players and speed to Kansas St. The fact that he built that team twice is phenomenal.

Bob Stoops and Kirk are forever linked. Yesterday afternoon their teams combined to give up 96 straight points in about 90 minutes.
Maybe 16 years is the official cutoff for current employment position.

I wonder if he would really entertain the thought of coming back this late in his career?

depends, obviously, on how much he has left in the tank. but there is still enough talent (offensively) for Stoops to compete, right away.

We missed the door on Stoops. He is not coming and besides he is getting long in the tooth himself. It would cost a fortune to get him as well.

The target needs to be a guy in his 40's that has a proven track record of success at multiple levels and stops that is looking to get his first big D1 break. That fits the mold of a Brian Kelly, Jerry Kill, Jim Harbaugh, etc. type of guy. You do not have to overpay them then until they show success. A miss fire allows you to move on as well without being locked into a huge buyout.

They have to coach a brand of physical, tough football with a good running game (with real offensive line - not just one good tackle) and ability to stop the run on defense. This is what ultimately wins. This is what we used to be and it worked. Now see all of the copycats in our league that are having success doing just this while we are the Iowa SOFT-EYES.

Bob Stoops and Kirk are forever linked. Yesterday afternoon their teams combined to give up 96 straight points in about 90 minutes.
Maybe 16 years is the official cutoff for current employment position.
I do think coaches should move every 10-12 years if they are lucky enough to be able to stay that long. I think a move to iowa would rejuvenate both parties involved.

I would love Bob Stoops to be our coach. I love how his whole family is still to this day huge hawkeye fans. Even if we didn't improve as a program, I would rather be where we are with him. That's just my personal opinion.

That would be quite a step down for Stoops moving from a national powerhouse to Iowa. One school expects top ten finishes, one is happy with 8-4 (4-4 in con.).

That would be quite a step down for Stoops moving from a national powerhouse to Iowa. One school expects top ten finishes, one is happy with 8-4 (4-4 in con.).

If I could coach at any school I wanted I would choose iowa. It's a personal preference. He would have picked iowa over Oklahoma 16 years ago. He might do the same now.

I live in OK and the impression I get is that fans here could take or leave Stoops. If Stoops were to come to Iowa, he'd have some deep TX and OK ties. That, along with OH and (perhaps even) some ties in FL, it could work. With the new facilities we have, he could walk into a kids home, and same, I'm an NCAA champion. I want to win one at Iowa and I want you to be a part of it. It could work.

You know it's bad if Walker has officially come over to the dark side. We'll know it's truly the Hawkpocalypse if importedankle ever flips the switch.

Getting absolutely blown out and manhandled by a decent but not great minny team, combined with the inconsistencies, just not acceptable. When I feel flat out embarrassed as a fan....well.

I still respect KF, and really appreciate what he's done in the past. That said, what happened yesterday, imo, is worse than close losses, even to perceived lesser talent. Flat out owned.

I also like Jake, but it's pretty clear the guy loses confidence after a mistake, that can be coached away, and doesnt. CJ should have been given a shot at the end of the first half or after the first 3 and out in the 2nd.

My God, there was just so much wrong after the first drive....the HC has to fall on the sword.

We lose next week, KF needs to help find his successor sooner than later.

So much wrong yesterday....

Those of you that are so sure Stoops would come to Iowa what are you basing that on? I love Iowa but it's pretty presumptuous to try and get in his head and say he'd love to coach Iowa now. I'm not saying your wrong I sure can't say either way. But just looking at the two jobs from where I'm sitting it's not even close. I mean it's just not. OU is in the south weather is better. He's got great recruiting ties built in to Texas not far from him. The school has plenty of money and he's getting paid accordingly. Coaches don't leave jobs like that just because there is a part of the fan base that may be apathetic towards him. And they sure don't voluntarily do it for a job that'd be a step down. Unless he really does "love" Iowa as much as you all say and he's burned out of where he's at. I don't know but it'd be a pretty unprecedented type of move for him to do... And that's assuming that first things first the Iowa job is open.

Bob Stoops would come to Iowa in a New York minute and I know this for a fact. The problem is it has to happen ASAP or he will retire at Oklahoma.

You can all that the idiot that is Gary Barta for handcuffing Iowa with Kirk Ferentz for several more years. Stoops won't come here by then and Iowa will have to look elsewhere.

It's no secret that Bob Stoops wishes he would have interviewed differently back in 1999 and waited a little bit to decide on where to go. Iowa is in his heart and he's always wanted to coach here.

How delusional are you?

Latest posts