Calling All The Rubes Who Called Me Out For Predicting A 10 Seed

That’s all...

Iowa punched their ticket to the NCAA. Very few people predicted that at the start of the year.

Whether you are a 10 seed or a 7 seed makes zero difference to me. To advance, you have to beat good teams.

This team worked hard and got a lot out of this season. I'm thrilled that they made the tournament. Iowa will be better next year.

Almost 300 teams did not receive a bid. Iowa should be proud of what they accomplished.

Iowa punched their ticket to the NCAA. Very few people predicted that at the start of the year.

Whether you are a 10 seed or a 7 seed makes zero difference to me. To advance, you have to beat good teams.

This team worked hard and got a lot out of this season. I'm thrilled that they made the tournament. Iowa will be better next year.

Almost 300 teams did not receive a bid. Iowa should be proud of what they accomplished.

They did - big picture, making the dance this season was a success. There are still a ton of glaring issues for the team tho, but IMO, that's the fun part of being a fan and watching. Watching them counter that - work on it, to get better. You are right, there isn't a ton of difference in a 7 to a 10. I think what most fans are upset about is how they finished the year. I get it. It was disappointing. I am disappointed when I think of it. They had a shot to get a pretty nice seed, 6 or higher and failed to cease the opportunity. Getting to the dance was good enough for this team tho IMO, but at some point this program has to stop being ok with just making the dance and has to start making a higher seed as the goal to help position themselves for more success and deeper runs. I think they will. IMO, the team looks poised to be better next season.

do you foresee any tall, long legged brunettes named Bambi or Trixie in my near future?

Yes, I think she will respond to Bambi or Trixie....especially if you give her a treat.

hqdefault.jpg

There's so little difference between being a 7-10 seed to me. You're playing against a good team no matter what and then playing a 1 or 2 seed right after that if you win. 6 seeds and up are what teams shoot for to hopefully get a smoother road to the 2nd weekend. It was right there for us to have had a month ago... We coulda been as high as a 5 realistically. But we are where we are. TN really feels jilted because they get to most likely play Cinci who could argue are as good as a 5 or 6 seeded team as well in OH.... Cinci despite their 7 seed should be happy. If you're playing a tough team you may as well do it early and do it close to home.. Not sure they see it that way though.

The history say the 7 wins 66 percent over a ten 8 and 9 are 50 50. 6 and 11 are winng 3/4s

Contrare opinion there is a dif.
Where did you find those percentages? Not questioning you, I’d just be really interested in seeing the historical data

Where did you find those percentages? Not questioning you, I’d just be really interested in seeing the historical data

betfirm.com has some cool graphics with each seed and their odds of advancing to each round and then if you scroll down you can see the overall records of each seed

betfirm.com has some cool graphics with each seed and their odds of advancing to each round and then if you scroll down you can see the overall records of each seed

Beat me to it. Basically it tells me the seeding at least first round is pretty good.