Calling all Jake Rudock defenders

Here's the thing. Rudock would be a good to very good QB with a terrific running game that Iowa usually has. But, so would many QB's including CJ. In addition, CJ would offer a couple more qualities as a bonus. Legs, arm strength including getting the ball out quicker. Actually, I think he sees the field better as Rudock misses some wide open chances. He may see them, but, sometimes the WR is too far down the field for his arm & he doesn't attempt the throw. That's the way I see it. But, he's a decent QB that can manage. But, great teams need a difference maker & Iowa has thrown that away with not playing CJ. You can thumbs up me now!

Here's the thing. Rudock would be a good to very good QB with a terrific running game that Iowa usually has. But, so would many QB's including CJ. In addition, CJ would offer a couple more qualities as a bonus. Legs, arm strength including getting the ball out quicker. Actually, I think he sees the field better as Rudock misses some wide open chances. He may see them, but, sometimes the WR is too far down the field for his arm & he doesn't attempt the throw. That's the way I see it. But, he's a decent QB that can manage. But, great teams need a difference maker & Iowa has thrown that away with not playing CJ. You can thumbs up me now!

Iowa had the choice of using a "game manager" this year vs a "game winner" (CJ/Sokol take your pick). WE went with game manager. But we did it because the HC said he gave us the best chance to win. When 70,000 people can see something you can't, it's time to join Podolak in the booth and wax nostalgic while earning some coin.

Disappointing year. The people who don't understand the first part of your response don't get it. The glaring weakness on this year's team was RB(since Robinson/Coker flew the best), and a punter. This type of offense still works if you can exert control. without a running back and punter, iowa can't. Even with CJ who undeniably has the more live arm, results would have been essentially the same. Big misses in getting talent at RB and Punter. So not a pro CJ ( who's legs and mobility are greatly overestimated by most Hawk fans)or JR post.

If all stays the same...Need to fix the RB situation.

Disappointing year. The people who don't understand the first part of your response don't get it. The glaring weakness on this year's team was RB(since Robinson/Coker flew the best), and a punter. This type of offense still works if you can exert control. without a running back and punter, iowa can't. Even with CJ who undeniably has the more live arm, results would have been essentially the same. Big misses in getting talent at RB and Punter. So not a pro CJ ( who's legs and mobility are greatly overestimated by most Hawk fans)or JR post.

If all stays the same...Need to fix the RB situation.

If CJ can win the second half against Pitt, he can do it against ISU. He wasn't given the chance. That game alone probably screwed with the team psyche enough to cost us games against MD/Minnesota.

If CJ can win the second half against Pitt, he can do it against ISU. He wasn't given the chance. That game alone probably screwed with the team psyche enough to cost us games against MD/Minnesota.

If Willies had played he would have been Megatron and Wadley would have more yrds than Melvin. Remember when JVB had a more impressive rally in the second half against Pitt and went on to look like a high school qb the rest of the year. One half means nothing, if CJ were the Messiah he would have beat out Rudock for the job. Please hawk fans stop thinking that one play makes you a 5 star talent.

If Willies had played he would have been Megatron and Wadley would have more yrds than Melvin. Remember when JVB had a more impressive rally in the second half against Pitt and went on to look like a high school qb the rest of the year. One half means nothing, if CJ were the Messiah he would have beat out Rudock for the job. Please hawk fans stop thinking that one play makes you a 5 star talent.

He was given the reigns against Purdue. And at that point in the year he delivered the largest point victory of the season with GDs offense. That was what he did with his first chance to be a starter. With the Stanzi learning curve I'm sure he would've gotten better with time. Rudock's first chance to be a starter resulted in a loss to a MAC school.

I know a guy that owns an optical shop for those of you that can't see that a QB makes all the difference in the world. I also know a great eye surgeon for those of you who can't see that KF plays the players that try real hard but don't have the most talent.

Does anyone think the Raiders would hire KF? Oh wait, they are trying not to be a joke franchise anymore.

I know a guy that owns an optical shop for those of you that can't see that a QB makes all the difference in the world. I also know a great eye surgeon for those of you who can't see that KF plays the players that try real hard but don't have the most talent.

Does anyone think the Raiders would hire KF? Oh wait, they are trying not to be a joke franchise anymore.

Do you know anyone who sells crack or cooks meth? Cause I think that's what it would take for some folks to see the light.:eek:

Iowa had the choice of using a "game manager" this year vs a "game winner" (CJ/Sokol take your pick). WE went with game manager. But we did it because the HC said he gave us the best chance to win. When 70,000 people can see something you can't, it's time to join Podolak in the booth and wax nostalgic while earning some coin.

KF favors conservative QB play and that's why unless we have a defense like in 2009 or we just get lucky with a QB like Banks or Tate, we have little chance of being better than mediocre. He needs to favor the "game winner". Hayden Fry would have.

Latest posts