Call it what it is, this is a BADDD Iowa football team

I knew that this team was going to be bad, but this is a new level of suck.

I tempered my expectations to a no win season, so if they do, yay, if not, well thats why im more invested in the NFL this year

Interesting my first response on this forum was censored for mentioning Joe Biden. I'm sure I'll get the shadow ban and doxxed next. In any event why don't we give Padilla and the Hogan kid some reps can't get worse than it is now. Can't run block to save our soles....BF and KF seem to think that the same formation that we lose 4 yards on running that insane outside zone run is going to work that hasn't in 4 years. With no imagination and a first year QB what'd we expect? Good job by Phil getting those guys better from week 1-2.

BFs offensive plan seems to be toss a whole lot if mud on the wall and see what sticks. Thus far nothing is sticking and he is totally lost on what to do.
The game plan was obvious/ give Iowa fans what they wanted — a pass first offense with the QB everyone wanted to replace Stanley last season

Wish granted.

Interesting my first response on this forum was censored for mentioning Joe Biden. I'm sure I'll get the shadow ban and doxxed next. In any event why don't we give Padilla and the Hogan kid some reps can't get worse than it is now.

Because this is Iowa, the other QBs are waaaaaay less capable than the #1 QB.

BFs offensive plan seems to be toss a whole lot if mud on the wall and see what sticks. Thus far nothing is sticking and he is totally lost on what to do.

After the first half it looked apparent that it was better to run directly at NW. That is where big gainers were coming from or slight gains while NW was smothering the outside zone as they know how to clog that up and pursue.

Instead BF kept calling that outside zone enough times in the 2nd half to lose some big yards and get behind the chain.

Young QB, use the best run plays, put the qb under center on most 1st and 2nd downs and blast runs straight ahead between the blocking TEnds, pick your spots for good playaction chunks and take some pressure off your qb

Iowa does not typically get blown out under Ferentz. Looking at the remaining schedule, it will be interesting to see if this starts to happen. Penn St, Minny, (a sick Wisconsin)....all capable of that. Sparty looks like they could light up our secondary. Nebraska has to smell blood in the water. Same with Illinois.

BF likes to think he’s smarter than anyone on the field. He’s clearly trying to copy the Patriots offense but you need a accurate Qb to do that

and creative routes to get your WR open in space.

instead we throw the 3 yard outs, sidelines, and can’t ever get close on a deep pass.

Spencer has to improve but we’ve seen this same damn script play out since BF took over. It is not normal for teams to go entire halves, and even games without being able to score TD

Do we ever game plan for an opponent? My feeling is no, we just do what we do.

NW was without their DT. I think all of us would have been OK with the game plan to be power run up the middle until NW stops it.
Instead we get cute with crappy passes.

i am, and have been ready for the Ferentz family to move on

Also

Kirk is really bad at one score games.
His whole philosophy is for this result yet he loses more than he wins.
Yet it’s what we do

BF likes to think he’s smarter than anyone on the field. He’s clearly trying to copy the Patriots offense but you need a accurate Qb to do that

and creative routes to get your WR open in space.

instead we throw the 3 yard outs, sidelines, and can’t ever get close on a deep pass.

Spencer has to improve but we’ve seen this same damn script play out since BF took over. It is not normal for teams to go entire halves, and even games without being able to score TD

Do we ever game plan for an opponent? My feeling is no, we just do what we do.

NW was without their DT. I think all of us would have been OK with the game plan to be power run up the middle until NW stops it.
Instead we get cute with crappy passes.

i am, and have been ready for the Ferentz family to move on

Brian's mentality is "I'll do the exact same thing I've always done, because they expect me to do something different... Luckily I studied under the best and they'll never figure me out".

I am usually on the pissing side of the argument when we are winning but now we are losing.... I am telling you everyone is wrong to some degree.

Here me out.... Yes, we look like crap, but honestly I think offensively at the skill spots we have one of the more talented group of guys we have seen in the KF era. We have the quickest group of receivers we have seen in 20 years, a trio of running backs that are probably the best in the country. (I said trio so get your fingers off the keyboard). We have a QB who has not only NFL size but an NFL arm too. Okay he isn't very accurate but kid has only played two real games. I know every single one of you living in your moms basement would piss your pants and also miss your target if you were on the field so give him some time to adjust. Practice is never like a real game. He will come around.

Yes the receivers are dropping a lot of balls, but Petra's is whipping that ball in there like his life depends on it, and I think with him getting settled he will start putting more touch on the ball and getting the ball down.

Like most years I am blaming the play calling, we are still calling moronic plays at the wrong time You don't run the ball on a 3rd and 10 and you don't throw the ball deep on a 3rd and 1 either.

Now on Defensive side we have some bitching to do. We lack experience behind the D-line and I don't see a true leader yet to rally the troops. That is a problem. On TV we look small, we are also getting tired, hand on hips way to early in the game. Conditioning seems to be an issue, I see that on the O-Line too.

Now I looked at the schedule prior the the season starting and I did not find many wins but I knew we would be green on the QB and very much so on the D. So in my eyes we are playing as expected. My pics are below

Purdue - L
Northwestern - W
Michigan State - W
Minnesota - L
Penn State - L
Nebraska - W
Illinois - W
Wisconsin - L

I am usually on the pissing side of the argument when we are winning but now we are losing.... I am telling you everyone is wrong to some degree.

Here me out.... Yes, we look like crap, but honestly I think offensively at the skill spots we have one of the more talented group of guys we have seen in the KF era. We have the quickest group of receivers we have seen in 20 years, a trio of running backs that are probably the best in the country. (I said trio so get your fingers off the keyboard). We have a QB who has not only NFL size but an NFL arm too. Okay he isn't very accurate but kid has only played two real games. I know every single one of you living in your moms basement would piss your pants and also miss your target if you were on the field so give him some time to adjust. Practice is never like a real game. He will come around.

Yes the receivers are dropping a lot of balls, but Petra's is whipping that ball in there like his life depends on it, and I think with him getting settled he will start putting more touch on the ball and getting the ball down.

Like most years I am blaming the play calling, we are still calling moronic plays at the wrong time You don't run the ball on a 3rd and 10 and you don't throw the ball deep on a 3rd and 1 either.

Now on Defensive side we have some bitching to do. We lack experience behind the D-line and I don't see a true leader yet to rally the troops. That is a problem. On TV we look small, we are also getting tired, hand on hips way to early in the game. Conditioning seems to be an issue, I see that on the O-Line too.

Now I looked at the schedule prior the the season starting and I did not find many wins but I knew we would be green on the QB and very much so on the D. So in my eyes we are playing as expected. My pics are below

Purdue - L
Northwestern - W
Michigan State - W
Minnesota - L
Penn State - L
Nebraska - W
Illinois - W
Wisconsin - L
Yikes! Looking at your predictions, taffaej, after the NW loss, that leaves us at 3-5. But, I don't see anything different.