Cade is one tough cookie

I have liked the kid's attitude, approach and swagger since the second he committed. He is what Iowa needs. Desperately.

I am just praying that he does not have a glass jaw. Some guys are just snake bit. Let's hope Cade is not.

Cade and the things he has had to overcome.

Can sports journalism just get back to sports? Are sports journalists now pathologically incapable of presenting a story if it lacks a human interest angle? I cracked this thing open, expecting it to be about the time his best friend got shot in a drive by in Compton and there is a picture of him playing wiffle ball from an estate overlooking a pristine golf course. Oh the humanity.

I have liked the kid's attitude, approach and swagger since the second he committed. He is what Iowa needs. Desperately.

I am just praying that he does not have a glass jaw. Some guys are just snake bit. Let's hope Cade is not.
All of that and his ACCURACY are what have me smitten with him. He not only throws catchable passes but accurate to where receivers can get RAC yards. To me that's hidden yardage that along with better blocking by the Oline and improvement in this regard will result in a much better O.

Even on some of the completions Petras had they were still off and had receivers going to the ground or slow down over extend to have to catch it that it prevented any RAC.

Aren't cookies that aren't soft usually stale?

Imagine being top dog at Chips Ahoy. You have the technology to deliver perfectly soft cookies to customers in every package. You even brand them "soft batch." Do you do that? No, of course not. You offer them up, but your main brand still focuses on selling rock hard globs of flour and high fructose corn syrup, no effort to make it soft. What kind of monster does that? What kind of world do we live in?

I just hope the attitude and swagger don't get coached out of him. We've seen Iowa QBs regress when starting multiple years.

But we've also seen one year wonders (well one anyway )flourish in their one ride in the saddle. And Cade will ride only once.

And Brian has been placed on notice. We've seen some big years when key coaches are put on notice.

I just hope the attitude and swagger don't get coached out of him. We've seen Iowa QBs regress when starting multiple years.

But we've also seen one year wonders (well one anyway )flourish in their one ride in the saddle. And Cade will ride only once.

And Brian has been placed on notice. We've seen some big years when key coaches are put on notice.
Cade came into this program with as much leeway to be himself as just about anyone in the KF era. I am confident there have been no discussions about him reigning in his play or personality.

That said, he already fits the bill. He is a fiery, but positive leader. He is a dink and dunk passer, game manager if you will, who is not Brett Farveing his way down the field. KF is not against the offense scoring, he is just against turning the ball over by taking dumb chances. We should not see much of that out of CM.

This is a good match both ways.

Imagine being top dog at Chips Ahoy. You have the technology to deliver perfectly soft cookies to customers in every package. You even brand them "soft batch." Do you do that? No, of course not. You offer them up, but your main brand still focuses on selling rock hard globs of flour and high fructose corn syrup, no effort to make it soft. What kind of monster does that? What kind of world do we live in?
Soak in Milk ;)

Just wish the game was out here. I priced tickets to the BYU vrs Iowa State and nose bleed section at $50 to $65. My son asked if I wanted to have him grab some and I said hell no I am not paying that much to watch Iowa state!

I would however pay more to drive to Utah State to watch the Hawkeyes. My son agreed.

Glad to see Cade listed as the starter. Which network is covering the game?

Two years ago when my wife added the paramount channel to watch a favorite show or two I just rolled my eyes and sighed.

Then I heard that there are a couple of B1G games that are going to be carried on paramount and one of those games is Iowa. I knew there were good reasons to marry her thirty-three years ago, lol.

Glad to see Cade listed as the starter. Which network is covering the game?

Two years ago when my wife added the paramount channel to watch a favorite show or two I just rolled my eyes and sighed.

Then I heard that there are a couple of B1G games that are going to be carried on paramount and one of those games is Iowa. I knew there were good reasons to marry her thirty-three years ago, lol.
Game is 11:00 a.m. central on FS-1

Can sports journalism just get back to sports? Are sports journalists now pathologically incapable of presenting a story if it lacks a human interest angle? I cracked this thing open, expecting it to be about the time his best friend got shot in a drive by in Compton and there is a picture of him playing wiffle ball from an estate overlooking a pristine golf course. Oh the humanity.
I've gotta agree with you. I read that headline and thought like young death of sibling or parent, a bad car wreck, scoliosis or maybe leprosy. An overly intense competitive instinct and outstanding athleticism really seem like assets to by enjoyed and developed in a player.

Rich people face adversity too, ya know. Sometimes you have to wait several minutes for the bus boy at the country club to bring you an extra butter. Its maddening!!!

We know what McNamara is capable of doing, from his time at Michigan.
The first question is how he will perform with a different supporting cast - specifically OL and receivers.
The second question is his durability. Not encouraging that he experienced a new injury in a limited contact exhibition.
Perhaps he should be held out of the USU game completely.

Latest posts