C.J. Fiedorowicz waits for chance to post really big numbers

I think the 2 failed goal-line attempts (ISU-field goal and UNI 4-straight rushes into the loaded box) were lost opportunities to use CJF. Not even targeted. Not to mention, after rewatch of UNI, a couple times he was wide open 10 yards down field and JVB opted to chuck it into the stands.

Hopefully JVB's "just wait" comment is an honest teaser.

CJ Fed is honestly one of the most over-hyped Hawkeyes in recent memory....when Vandy did target him during ISU game he dropped the ball....CJ...EVERYONE is "waiting"

Pretty soon it's going to have to turn into a "Higby" situation

Waiting for Rudock?

images

I think the 2 failed goal-line attempts (ISU-field goal and UNI 4-straight rushes into the loaded box) were lost opportunities to use CJF. Not even targeted. Not to mention, after rewatch of UNI, a couple times he was wide open 10 yards down field and JVB opted to chuck it into the stands.

Hopefully JVB's "just wait" comment is an honest teaser.

Agree 100% He may have had a few drops but JVB has missed him wide open a lot and one last week before we settled for the FG he was one on one vs a 5'8 DB and was wide open on an easy slant. If we get inside the 10 there should be a ball thrown to him every time.

he seems to catch the ball quite a lot. He did have that one drop at the end of the isu game but i'm sure dallas clark dropped one ball in his lifetime. He did that big grab against isu when went down and almost scored.

Agree 100% He may have had a few drops but JVB has missed him wide open a lot and one last week before we settled for the FG he was one on one vs a 5'8 DB and was wide open on an easy slant. If we get inside the 10 there should be a ball thrown to him every time.

I agree with you 100% and have been clamoring for this since the first game. CJF is a mismatch against every defender on the field in any given game, with his height alone. There are no 6'5 DBs or LBs that we will play this year. Its mind blowing that a team with major problems scoring TDs in the red zone has not even tried to exploit the most obvious mismatch on the field even once in 3 games.
Maybe they are just waiting for B1G play?

You have to think JVB is watching film and realizing how ridiculous it is that he has not looked to him more. Wouldn't must QBs look to their giant athletic TE as an outlet after the primary receiver isn't open?

You have to think JVB is watching film and realizing how ridiculous it is that he has not looked to him more. Wouldn't must QBs look to their giant athletic TE as an outlet after the primary receiver isn't open?

Or that the fact that throwing a slant to a wide open guy is a hell of a lot easier throw than trying to throw a fade to a guy that is covered.

It all goes back to the pre snap read, and seeing what type of coverage the D is in. I'm guessing the fade to Davis was the play call so that's where JVB threw it.

I find it difficult to blame the WR and TE. I know they had a lot of drops against ISU, but some were because of good defense (not shumpert's drop). However, watching the game you can see how many open receivers JVB misses. A lot of the times it is on a deep route or one to CJF over the middle.

His stats right now projected over an entire season (assuming we play in a bowl game) are 43 catches for 470+ yards....that's not bad production at all. The TD's, and even yards, should increase as everyone becomes more comfortable in the passing game.

Waiting for Rudock?

Very possible. JVB is the best option "this" year. But with another season of learning the system, Rudock may well get a good jump on next season. Provided, of course, he gets some snaps this year, which is seriously in question at this point.

Very possible. JVB is the best option "this" year. But with another season of learning the system, Rudock may well get a good jump on next season. Provided, of course, he gets some snaps this year, which is seriously in question at this point.

Which is frustrating. He needs to see some live action this year, but most likely won't unless we blow someone out, or get blown out. Sadly, the latter is more likely.

Latest posts