C.J. Fiedorowicz waits for chance to post really big numbers

That article hits it on the head. C.J. HAS been producing. Maybe his number hasn't been called as often in the red zone as many would like, but it's not like he isn't contributing. When Tony Moeaki is the only Iowa TE to have more receptions in the first three games of a season, you're in pretty good company.

But people are expecting to see Gronk out there. Well, guess what? Gronk is a freak, too. But he also has Tom Brady.

That article hits it on the head. C.J. HAS been producing. Maybe his number hasn't been called as often in the red zone as many would like, but it's not like he isn't contributing. When Tony Moeaki is the only Iowa TE to have more receptions in the first three games of a season, you're in pretty good company.

But people are expecting to see Gronk out there. Well, guess what? Gronk is a freak, too. But he also has Tom Brady.

I get what you are saying and he is getting the ball. My frustration is in the red zone and the red zone only. Throw the guy the ball in the endzone. Please.

I get what you are saying and he is getting the ball. My frustration is in the red zone and the red zone only. Throw the guy the ball in the endzone. Please.

And I don't have a problem with people saying he needs to be targeted in the red zone more. He does. But it's not his fault he hasn't been, and people using that as a mark against him to say he's over-hyped is where I take issue. People blowing up one drop (which everyone, including CJF, will admit was huge) and turning it into seemingly 30 is another problem. Everybody drops passes now and again. McNutt did it, DJK did it, Clark did it. It happens.

Everybody drops passes now and again. McNutt did it, DJK did it, Clark did it. It happens.

That attitude is UNACCEPTABLE! This is why Iowa is mediocre, because Ferrets and fans like you "settle" for it and don't demand excellence! WAKE UP!

75915-mike-holmes-builds-deck-angry-guy.jpg

Sincerely,

That Guy

...in the last five years. This stat only covers the Reisner/Moeaki/Myer/Herman years. Not bad, but completely omits Dallas Clark, Tony Jackson, Scott Chandler, Eric Jensen,
Austin Wheatley, Marv Cook, Mike Flag and Jonathan Hayes. CJ's gonna be great, but let's not try to call a 6 a 10 here. It's been a slow start.

...in the last five years. This stat only covers the Reisner/Moeaki/Myer/Herman years. Not bad, but completely omits Dallas Clark, Tony Jackson, Scott Chandler, Eric Jensen,
Austin Wheatley, Marv Cook, Mike Flag and Jonathan Hayes. CJ's gonna be great, but let's not try to call a 6 a 10 here. It's been a slow start.

Regardless, it's not like there haven't been a lot of opportunities for Vandy to use him. He can't help it if he's not being targeted more. That's on the quarterback and OC.

Is it perhaps a slow start? Sure. But people trying to pin that on him being overrated are off base, IMO.

Latest posts