Bye weeks are dumb

I'm sure Iowa State University would appreciate your money. That's assuming that you can find a ticket because contrary to popular belief, ISU doesn't in fact need Iowa, UNI or Nebraska to sell out. Weird. I know.

I'll get in for free, just like I got in for free for the Iowa game. It pays to have relatives that live next door to Mr. Pollard.

Yet here is the top ten largest crowds at ISU and all seem to be Iowa, UNI and Nebraska. That is strange, very strange indeed. Oh and the largest crowds(top 6) the last 3 years have been against ............wait for it..........you guessed it Iowa, UNI, Nebraska and ARMY :rolleyes:
Largest Home Crowds
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light][FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]1. 56,795 vs. Northern Iowa, 2007 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]2. 55,518 vs. Northern Iowa, 2006 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]3. 55,338 vs. Nebraska, 2006 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]4. 54,475 vs. Nebraska, 1990 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]5. 54,469 vs. Iowa, 1991 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]6. 54,458 vs. Iowa, 1989 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]7. 54,290 vs. Iowa, 2005 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]8. 54,101 vs. Iowa, 1987 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]9. 54,066 vs. Iowa, 1983 [/FONT]
[FONT=Univers 45 Light,Univers 45 Light]10. 53,922 vs. Iowa, 1981 [/FONT]
[/FONT]

The key word in my post is need. The ISU-Texas game is sold out according to the university and Texas is not named Iowa, UNI or Nebraska. We'll see what the final numbers are come game day, but I have a good feeling this game will come in no lower than the UNI game which was at just under 54,700. By the way, I don't know where you pulled those numbers, but they haven't been updated for awhile. According to this article (Iowa State 35th in college football attendance | TheGazette ), ISU has averaged a crowd of 55,379 through the first 2 games (yes, I'm fully aware of the two opponents).

The key word in my post is need. The ISU-Texas game is sold out according to the university and Texas is not named Iowa, UNI or Nebraska. We'll see what the final numbers are come game day, but I have a good feeling this game will come in no lower than the UNI game which was at just under 54,700. By the way, I don't know where you pulled those numbers, but they haven't been updated for awhile. According to this article (Iowa State 35th in college football attendance | TheGazette ), ISU has averaged a crowd of 55,379 through the first 2 games (yes, I'm fully aware of the two opponents).
I pulled those numbers right of the offical ISU web site 2011, page 33 of 69
http://www.cyclones.com//pdf8/770900.pdf

Last edited:
I'm sure Iowa State University would appreciate your money. That's assuming that you can find a ticket because contrary to popular belief, ISU doesn't in fact need Iowa, UNI or Nebraska to sell out. Weird. I know.[/QUOTE]
A spike in attendance? I smell "Tavern Clowns"! How dare someone who did not attend Iowa State buy tickets! ISU better get back to their losing ways to prevent this in the future!

It would be pretty sad for Iowa State to start 3-0 and NOT sell out at home against Texas.

Anyway back on topic. If this bye week results in a win at Penn State next weekend then I am fine with it.

Bye weeks are dumb, I just dreamed about ISU beating Texas... FYI the score in my dream was 18-15, in case I'm some sort of prophet.

Bye weeks are dumb, I just dreamed about ISU beating Texas... FYI the score in my dream was 18-15, in case I'm some sort of prophet.

What the heck you doing going to bed dreaming about ISU football?????

My dreams are way better than that. My wife usually hates it when I am having really good dreams as I am waking her up. Usually! ;)

chris-bosh-photobomb.gif

Latest posts